GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Newborn Photos

If you had newborn photos taken or plan on having them taken, and don't mind answering, how much was/is the investment?  I'm a little sticker shocked on how pricey they are and not sure if it's just my area or if this is the norm.  I've seen rates between $450 and $1000, depending on what package is picked.
Newest blog post 4/23/15
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newborn Photos

• We spent $150. This included the 2ish hour session (she had all the props, blankets, etc.) and around 100 pictures all on a CD that we have the rights too.

$450+ seems really expensive for newborn pictures, but I know there are places around my area that charge that.
    $150!!  Oh my gosh, I wish I could find that here.  I've seen some around $300 but they are not the best quality and you can tell the photos are heavily edited.  The ones I've liked so far charge a "sitting fee" of $150-$200 and then they have packages to pick from.  Of course, the less expensive ones, you only get a handful of pictures and no CD. :(
    Newest blog post 4/23/15
    Anniversary

• Try groupon and such. I haven't looked into this yet, but I know people who have gotten steals on there.
    TTC 24 months, IUI #3 BFP 6/4/14 Beta 6/5 58, 6/9 508, 6/11 1227 TWINS! EDD 2/15/15
    With heavy hearts, we said goodbye to our precious angels on 8/12 at 13 weeks 2 days.
    IVF #1 Lup/Brav/Meno, ER 11/28 10R/10F, ET "Rudolph" 4AA embryo 12/3, 7 frosties.
    BFP! Betas: 12/12 225, 12/15 706, 12/17 1512. EDD 8.21.15
    12/29 hb 120. 1/5 perfect, GRAD DAY! 1/15 perfect at OB. NT 2/6 PERFECT, HB 158!

Baby Girl born 8.9.15 at 38.2 due to IUGR 4lb7.8oz 17" 
    Our princess is being watched over by her older siblings every day <3
    Anniversary 

• We paid $275 for ours. I think it was well worth it. Our photos are amazing and the photog and her assistant were both so amazing and patient with a newborn.

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LooneyLifeLooneyLife member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    We're spending $1400 and that's with a 30% off discount from booking during a sale. I know that's grossly high, compared to what most people spend but I'm a bit of a photog snob. We didn't want baby in costumes and baskets pictures. We hired a lifestyle photog and are getting 40+ images, assorted prints, and a discount on additional prints (although we'll buy our prints elsewhere).

ETA: I knew I would never regret spending the money but that I might regret it if I didnt. Now that he's here I know I made the right choice for us. They're more than just a picture to send out as an announcement to me.

dx:  Unexplained IF (mild MFI)

TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN

IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP

C.J. born 01/09/15

imageimage
    BreMae
  • Our photographer is a friend and she charges us $75 a session (we booked maternity, newborn, and every 3 months for the first year). I'm not sure if her rate is a friends discount, but we also live in a lower COL area, and I don't know of any photographer that would charge as much as you've been quoted around here.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• After doing more research, it looks like the prices I've been seeing are pretty normal for my area.  I was able to find a photographer with good reviews and we'll be paying around $850 but the package at least comes with some prints and all photos.  I've seen people that will do it for less, but I know I won't be happy with the photos in the end.  We went cheap with our wedding photography and I am still disappointed with what we got; not going to make the same mistake again.
    Newest blog post 4/23/15
    Anniversary

• we are spending about $1000 over the course of his first year of life on pictures. we decided to do a 'watch me grow' plan and there are 5 sessions done thoroughout the first year and this price includes prints of all photos, a cd at the end of the year, a photo album at the end of the year with a certain number of pictures in it..

IMO the money is absolutely well worth it.