GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What's in Your Diaper Bag??

In a last ditch effort to have something for DH for Christmas that he doesn't know about, I've decided to get him his own diaper bag. I'm going to actually get him a decent bookbag (a Swiss gear one), because he's tried a few of the bookbag style diaper bags but they look so small on him that I have to laugh, and use organizing bags to keep everything together. But that being said, short of diapers, wipes, and some hand sanitizer and diaper cream, what do I put?

I also got a small 'lunchbag' to keep bottles cold. I thought about a toy football or something more stereotypically 'dad/boy' than just a rattle or soft toy. And maybe a very masculine blanket to use as a changing pad of sorts.

Any suggestions, ladies??

Re: What's in Your Diaper Bag??

• My diaper bag:

-Changing pad (thin one that came with diaper bag)
    -Receiving blanket
    -Soft/warm blanket
    -Thin/lightweight blanket
    -Full outfit change (onesie, shirt, pants, socks, hat, jacket)
    -5 diapers
    -Pack of wipes
    -Diaper bags (for poop diapers, so I don't stink up public trash cans, or so that I can keep it in the car until I get home without having to smell it)
    -Diaper rash cream
    -Nursing cover
    -Sunscreen (mainly for summer months, but I was too lazy to take it out)
    -Tylenol
    -Small "first aid" kit (I have never used it, but you never know)
    -Nursing pads
    -K'tan wrap

In a separate bag (cooler style), I have snacks and a sippy cup. When she was younger, I would toss in her bottle and my manual pump. I also have a few spoons and bibs in there.

-

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    simsk3887
  • I nanny an almost-3-year-old, so obviously this list is different than with a newborn, but I make sure we have: diapers, wipes, full change of clothes, water bottle, snack(s), and in cold weather, hat, mittens, and an extra layer of warmth. Her mom also keeps activity books in there, which I rarely need to use because I don't usually have to take her anywhere boring. :)

"You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss

TTC #1 August 2014. BFP 9/26! EDD 6/9/15
    Baby A born 6/17/2015
    simsk3887
  • JLyn821JLyn821 member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Depends on which bag I take and where we're going.

Out for a quick trip I take our smaller bag that has:
    - diapers
    - wipes
    - trash bags
    - hand sanitizer
    - disposable changing pad (the paper ones to put on top of the changing areas at stores)
    - bib
    - burp cloth

Longer trips and visiting people I take our larger one:
    - diapers
    - wipes
    - trash bags
    - hand sanitizer
    - 2 bibs
    - 2 burp cloths
    - change of clothes
    - first aid kit
    - nursing cover
    - bottle in case he gets too distracted to nurse
    - teethers
    - a couple of small toys (Sophie, rattle)
    - extra pacifier or two
    - now that he's eating solids, I usually have to pack his food, too

I always keep a soft/warm blanket in each of the cars for colder weather.  We also keep a sun hat in each car during the sunny months in case we forget to put his on before we leave the house.  We also have a pacifier with clip in each car attached to each seat and that the one that goes with him while we're out.

I also keep most of these items in each of the bags and also put some Kleenex in the outer pockets in case he gets some nasty boogers.
    My Chart
    My Goodreads Read Shelf

* After 22 months and 2 failed IUIs, we finally got our BFP *
    DS delivered naturally at 41w6d on 4/18/14
    * TTC #2  March 2015 *

simsk3887
  • Another idea is to give him a "Daddy Doody Kit". If you Google that, you will see all sorts of cute ideas. I did this for my brother a few years ago at the baby shower, and it was a bit hit.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii... Honeymoon 2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
    IUI - 10/29/2014, BFP! EDD: 7/22/2015
    simsk3887