Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

GTKY - Where you Live

I live in the Seattle area. Born and raised.

I was born in a city a little North West of Seattle and was raised in a city a little North East of Seattle. I moved to Bellingham, Washington for about 6 years. Then moved to Bellevue (city a little east of Seattle – on the East side of Lake Washington) and lived there for a couple years and we bought a home a little East of Bellevue, where we live now. I work within the city limits of Seattle (a little North East of downtown). We want to move to North of Seattle within the next couple years to be closer to work and family.

I love love love Seattle.

But whatever you do – don’t move here. It rains all the time (that’s what I tell people – we don’t need more traffic!).

Really, it does rain here often, but that’s why we have trees. You won’t find a forest like this in Phoenix. Overall our weather is pretty mild. We have a gorgeous spring, summer and fall around here (IMO). The months of November through about March can be really gray and wet. A typical day during the winter is about 45 degrees and raining (drizzle).

A joke the “natives” (like me) make is that you can tell when someone isn’t from Seattle, they have an umbrella. A true Seattleite doesn’t use an umbrella (it’s true – I swear!) we own a hooded jacket and we are used to our head getting a little damp on occasion.

Seattle has a lot to offer. Beautiful place, variety of people, lots of things to do for kids and adults. The job market is good here. Housing is expensive, but that’s because so many people want to live here.

"How long till my soul gets it right? Can any human being ever reach the highest light? Except for Galileo, god rest his soul, king of night vision, king of insight." ~ Indigo Girls Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013
sgautschisimsk3887FutureMrsWright2012lfk2013islandmonkey8

Re: GTKY - Where you Live

• I've never been to Washington, but I have been to Oregon, and the rain really does make things so green and beautiful. I may have to visit Seattle at some point. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love Seattle! I was a Navy brat and grew up across the PS in Bremerton. :)

TTC since 3/2012 
    DH - 36; nml swimmers; Me - 36; almost no AMH (last 0.081), low AFC, nml FSH/LH
    Clomid + IUI #1 (6/2013) - BFN; #2 (7/2013) - BFFN
    IVF 1.0 5R/5F/2T (ET 6/11/2014) - no frosties, but BFP 8dp5dt (EDD 3/1/2015) 
    Lost our sweet baby boy, Lincoln Alexander 10/3/2014 (19w)
    IVF 2.0 - ER 3/25/2015 - 3R ZERO mature.
    Ovaries are done...
    DE IVF ER - 12/2/2016 (17R/10F = 8 frosties); FET 1.0 (1/27/2017) - BFP 6dp5dt (EDD 10/16/2017)
  • I love Seattle.  When I was looking for a job earlier this year, I applied to several out there. :)
    Anniversary
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin;
    BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017
  • DH has discussed going to work for his office out in Seattle....It would be a huge move (basically one extreme side of the US to the other) I told him we have to atleast get through IF treatments here before we go because MA is a mandated state for IF coverage so I wont give that up....he'll be out there for work at some point...I'll let him know to not bring an umbrella so he doesn't look like a tourist he hates that :P
    Ashley & Jeremy 10/10/10

Getting fit for IVF! :) (add another 20lbs and you have my total weight lost! :) )

FutureMrsWright2012
  • Yay Seattle! Another native here :).

Married August 2009

3 years. 5 losses.

Our rainbow baby boy born 11.16.15