Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

UO

Got 'em? Share 'em.
Married 2011.
Baby Boy 2015.

Re: UO

• Pot smoke smells wore than cigarette smoke. **Colorado problems**
    Married 2011.
    Baby Boy 2015.
    seahorse01
  • I like the smell of cigarettes.  They remind me of going out in my 20's.

I don't like pumpkin spice anything.

Cinnamon brooms at the enterance of grocery stores are the devil.
                                       image              image
    "I DO NOT love that you think so many things revolve around you.  I know you're bitter.  I get it.  But I'm over your feelings." The best person on the internet ever!
    FutureMrsWright2012
  • Cinnamon brooms and pine cones make me want to vomit. That smell = instant headache

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I like the smell of pot.

Pottery Barn is dumb.

Married August 2009

3 years. 5 losses.

Our rainbow baby boy born 11.16.15

• I also enjoy the smell of pot.  

I hate the smell of cigarettes.  I work in Quebec where everyone and their dog smokes, so it's everywhere.  Blech.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm 
    February 2013: IUI #1 = BFN 
    October 2013: We made the decision to stop TTC and live without children.

Nestie Besties with Xan921 
  • I HATE cigarette smoke but love the smell of pot.

I love nuts but they do not belong in my baked goods at all. I.e Walnut brownies, pecans in cookies, anything like that.

imageMags's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

TTC 19 months ~Started RE in March 2014~
    DH was not ready for IUI so we waited
    ~Started acupuncture in  May 2014~

~~BFP 7/6/14~~~EDD 3/14/15~~It's a girl!!~~
    Aimothy
  • I hate anything sweet and salty. I like sweet and I like salty...separately. Don't put chocolate on my pretzels, nuts, potato chips, bacon, or anything else. Yuck!
  • @Mustard76‌ - I've perfected the art of eating a chocolate covered pretzel by eating all of the chocolate off of it and then the pretzel. I agree, never together. :)
  • What in the world is a cinnamon broom??

dx:  Unexplained IF (mild MFI)

TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN

IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP

C.J. born 01/09/15

image image
    sparklingdiamond
  • I like the smell of cigarettes.  They remind me of going out in my 20's.

I don't like pumpkin spice anything.

Cinnamon brooms at the enterance of grocery stores are the devil.
    My mom used to get these every year when I was growing up. I hate them so much now.

THE DEVIL.
                                       image              image
    "I DO NOT love that you think so many things revolve around you.  I know you're bitter.  I get it.  But I'm over your feelings." The best person on the internet ever!
    caseyandlizziesparklingdiamondSewilson33
  •  

I don't mind older kids trick or treating.

I agree. It used to really bother me and then I read an article or blog or something (that I can't find again for the LIFE of me) that convicted me. It  was written by a woman whose older son and his friends decided on a whim to dress up and go trick or treating on Halloween. Their costumes were very makeshift and nothing planned. They were just kids being kids a little bit longer. It made me really stop and think about it.. Why NOT let them be kids and have goofy fun? They may be older kids/teens, but they're still kids and I think they should enjoy it. We as adults get to dress up and go to parties and 14, 15,16 year olds are seen as too old to trick but many can't throw parties. Kinda stuck in the middle. I hate to see them grow up too fast.

All that to say.. I agree, Bruins :)

In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my LIGHT, my STRENGTH, and my SONG!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

T-TTC since Dec 2008. PCOS/nonexistant cycles(anovulation) and endo. HSG in '10 revealed both tubes blocked. Lap surgery in Dec '10 to correct. Failed Clomid/IUI and injectable(Bravelle)/IUI cycles so far.  

BeeLuMRads
  • RockAByeRockABye member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Aimothy said:
    Pocahontas style headbands look ridiculous on adult women. 

Google search

The ones with beads/lace are the worst. 

YES... And add to that, this flower headband/crown nonsense. Not cute. You look like a 6 month old. The only acceptable exception is if you are wearing something for your wedding, but still... not this huge and ridiculous!

T-TTC since Dec 2008. PCOS/nonexistant cycles(anovulation) and endo. HSG in '10 revealed both tubes blocked. Lap surgery in Dec '10 to correct. Failed Clomid/IUI and injectable(Bravelle)/IUI cycles so far.  

Aimothynfp147FutureMrsWright2012lfk2013
  • I like the smell of cinnamon broomsticks. Suck it, haters.
    B Born 6.27.13
    nfp147lilliesandvino
  • I have never seen a cinnamon broom before, but I do like the scented pine cones. 
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm 
    February 2013: IUI #1 = BFN 
    October 2013: We made the decision to stop TTC and live without children.

Nestie Besties with Xan921 
    MRadslilliesandvino
  • @rockabye I like kids staying kids as long as they can
    RockABye
  • To add to Aim and RAB... I think grown women who wear pigtails look like idiots. 

TTC since 3/2012 
    DH - 36; nml swimmers; Me - 36; almost no AMH (last 0.081), low AFC, nml FSH/LH
    Clomid + IUI #1 (6/2013) - BFN; #2 (7/2013) - BFFN
    IVF 1.0 5R/5F/2T (ET 6/11/2014) - no frosties, but BFP 8dp5dt (EDD 3/1/2015) 
    Lost our sweet baby boy, Lincoln Alexander 10/3/2014 (19w)
    IVF 2.0 - ER 3/25/2015 - 3R ZERO mature.
    Ovaries are done...
    DE IVF ER - 12/2/2016 (17R/10F = 8 frosties); FET 1.0 (1/27/2017) - BFP 6dp5dt (EDD 10/16/2017)
  • I give candy to any trick or treater in some kind of costume. If you couldn't even attempt a farmer costume, no candy for you. Also, I don't care how old you are, trick or treating is too fun to put an age limit on!
    TTC 24 months, IUI #3 BFP 6/4/14 Beta 6/5 58, 6/9 508, 6/11 1227 TWINS! EDD 2/15/15
    With heavy hearts, we said goodbye to our precious angels on 8/12 at 13 weeks 2 days.
    IVF #1 Lup/Brav/Meno, ER 11/28 10R/10F, ET "Rudolph" 4AA embryo 12/3, 7 frosties.
    BFP! Betas: 12/12 225, 12/15 706, 12/17 1512. EDD 8.21.15
    12/29 hb 120. 1/5 perfect, GRAD DAY! 1/15 perfect at OB. NT 2/6 PERFECT, HB 158!

Baby Girl born 8.9.15 at 38.2 due to IUGR 4lb7.8oz 17" 
    Our princess is being watched over by her older siblings every day <3
    Anniversary 

BruinsBabe33nfp147sparklingdiamondjt305
  • I'm late to the party, but RAB, is that a thing now? I've always thought they looked a little ridiculous even on the 6-month-olds...

I went trick or treating my senior year of high school. We were really sad when people turned us away. :(

"You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss

TTC #1 August 2014. BFP 9/26! EDD 6/9/15
    Baby A born 6/17/2015
  • I'm late to the party, but RAB, is that a thing now? I've always thought they looked a little ridiculous even on the 6-month-olds...

I went trick or treating my senior year of high school. We were really sad when people turned us away. :(
    Yesssss.. and it's so dumb.. I see them on mostly 20somethings, but still... if you're older than 2, you're too old for that business!

caseyandlizzie
  • RockABye said:
    I'm late to the party, but RAB, is that a thing now? I've always thought they looked a little ridiculous even on the 6-month-olds...

Yesssss.. and it's so dumb.. I see them on mostly 20somethings, but still... if you're older than 2, you're too old for that business!

I feel like you can also get away with it if you're in your 90s.
    Married 2011.
    Baby Boy 2015.
    BeeLu