Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIJFR: BL, LB SPOILER ALERT

2»

Re: WIJFR: BL, LB SPOILER ALERT

• A VERY INTERESTING theory from someone on tumblr
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

MIND = BLOWN
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• There was a lot of talk about that poet and what happened to him. 

HMMMMMMMMMMMM
    image image image
  • A VERY INTERESTING theory from someone on tumblr
    HOLY. CRAP. THAT IS. HOLY CRAP.
    Sammie born 04/23/09 (Peanut allergy)
    Emmett born 01/28/2013

2015 Books Read 3 * 2014 Books Read: 151
    2013 Books Read: 90 * 2012 Books Read: 125
    2011 Books Read: 150  * 2010 Books Read: 117

Jennie Writes Words ~~~ We Still Read ~~~ Presidential Challenge
  • OMG this person on tumblr is SO SMART. And looking so deeply at BL,LB. I just keep refreshing this feed and gobbling up everything she has to say.
    image image image
  • OMG this person on tumblr is SO SMART. And looking so deeply at BL,LB. I just keep refreshing this feed and gobbling up everything she has to say.

This is amazing!
    Sammie born 04/23/09 (Peanut allergy)
    Emmett born 01/28/2013

2015 Books Read 3 * 2014 Books Read: 151
    2013 Books Read: 90 * 2012 Books Read: 125
    2011 Books Read: 150  * 2010 Books Read: 117

Jennie Writes Words ~~~ We Still Read ~~~ Presidential Challenge
  • SnShne322 said:
    And wait, I think I forget which vision of Blue's came true?
    In the first book she had the vision of the car ride with Gansey in this book and how they want to kiss!
    I totally didn't put these together as being the same event! You're so right though. 
    Also we know that the St. Mark's Eve list comes true because of Jesse Dittley. Oh man, I loved that Spaghetti-o eating giant dude and the way he talked to Blue. 
    image image
    Jen748
  • Ahhhh! I just finished (and was late for office hours and had a student waiting, oops!). 

There was so much I loved about this book. One of my favorite things though, was Adam healing and coming to terms with himself and finally being able to accept help and love. I think Ronan had so much to do with this. This poor guy, feeling so alien and unknowable, finally has someone who sees him and understands what he needs. And I love that he notices that Ronan has a crush on him and is cool with it, maybe more than cool with it... we shall see in book 4. And Gansey and Ronan showing up for him in the court room, I totally cried too. 

Blue + Gansey forever. I want them to be able to kiss and kiss and for Gansey not to die somehow. There's got to be a way for him to come back to life. How can this group of friends exist without Gansey? He's the glue that keeps them all together. But then again, how can Gansey exist without this search for Glendower? I agree, there has to be a bee sting and kiss that play into all of this. Over all three books, I've kept going back and forth with this theory that somehow Gansey is Glendower. Then I decide, no, that can't be right. But I still think it could be possible somehow, and that maybe he is the third sleeper and needs to wake up to all of his past memories. I don't know. Anyway. 

Piper was awesome. She has some Isabel in her, I think. And I love that she was the one who really turned out to be the villain, more than Colin Greenmantle. 

I loved all of the Adam and Ronan scenes and the Blue and the Gray Man scenes and Blue and Ronan scenes and how each of them got a deeper understanding of each other in this book. 

I have so many questions, but I have to go teach. 
    image image
    Jen748
  • In the vision in TRB, Blue warns Gansey not to kiss her and he says he wants to just pretend he could. But in BL, LB it's the opposite - he warns her and she is the one who says she just wants to pretend. It's very close to the vision, but not exact - is that an error in writing or was it done on purpose to show that reality doesn't have to mirror the visions exactly, and therefore they can be changed?
    My Blog

my read shelf:
    My read shelf
  • UFCasey said:
    In the vision in TRB, Blue warns Gansey not to kiss her and he says he wants to just pretend he could. But in BL, LB it's the opposite - he warns her and she is the one who says she just wants to pretend. It's very close to the vision, but not exact - is that an error in writing or was it done on purpose to show that reality doesn't have to mirror the visions exactly, and therefore they can be changed?
    OMG GOOD CATCH. Now I need to go read this again!

OOH

And when Adam and Ronan are in the church, Adam's vision comes true, but changed. It's Adam and Ronan watching Ronan (not Gansey) die. Adam points out that it's like his vision, but different. 

OOOOHHH.
    image image image
  • So what was the point of Henry Cheng do you think? He popped up a couple of times like he was going to be important and then kind of faded out after the tiles falling and Adam's magic circle of clean. Was he there to be a foil to Gansey? To show him how much he's not just a boy of rich privledge like the other kids from Aglionby? 

He really wanted Gansey to sign that petition. Was it something else- not a petition at all? 

I think he may be important in book 4. 
    image image
    fabk
  • Jen748 said:
    A VERY INTERESTING theory from someone on tumblr
    HOLY. CRAP. THAT IS. HOLY CRAP.
    Whoa. I like this theory. Iolo Goch. Wasn't that guy supposedly a dick though? 
    Maybe Gansey dies (or "dies" I hope) and takes the corpse road to Wales 600 years ago to transport Glendower to Virginia, because now he knows where he's supposed to be buried and then comes back to the present and lives happily ever after with Blue. 

And what was that story about Glendower that didn't sit well with Gansey? I can't remember if it was in Raven Boys or Dream Thieves. Something about him killing someone or being a jerk somehow? Maybe that is important too. Maybe that guy was actually Artemus?
    image image
  • Blue's vision:

Gansey, she warned, but she felt unstable and dangerous. 
    I just want to pretend, Gansey said, the words misting on her skin. I want to pretend that I could.
    The Blue in the vision closed her eyes.
    Maybe it wouldn't hurt if I kiss you, he said. Maybe it's only if you kiss me--

What happened:

"Blue," he warned, but his voice was chaotic. This close, his throat was scented with mint and wool sweater and vinyl car seat, and Gansey, just Gansey.
    She said, "I just want to pretend. I want to pretend that I could."
    "Maybe it wouldn't hurt if I kiss you," he whispered. "Maybe it's only if you kiss me."

Adam's vision: 

Gansey dead, dying, because of him. Blue looking at Adam, shocked. Ronan, crouched beside Gansey, his face miserable, snarling, Are you happy now, Adam? Is this what you wanted?

What happened:

Because now that he was closer, he could see what a ruin Ronan's body was. Beyond repair. He was dying.
    "Are you happy now?" Ronan asked. "Is this what you wanted?
    The strangest part was that the moment had been Adam's vision from the tree in Cabeswater, but turned inside out. Not Gansey dying, but Ronan. So had that vision been wrong? Had he changed his future already? Or was there more to come?

AND when Gansey finds Glenwyllan's tomb:

This was not how it had looked in his vision, back when he'd stood in Cabeswater's vision tree. But perhaps that hadn't been the truth.

DUN DUN DUN
    image image image
    UFCasey
  • j*&p* said:
    So what was the point of Henry Cheng do you think? He popped up a couple of times like he was going to be important and then kind of faded out after the tiles falling and Adam's magic circle of clean. Was he there to be a foil to Gansey? To show him how much he's not just a boy of rich privledge like the other kids from Aglionby? 

He really wanted Gansey to sign that petition. Was it something else- not a petition at all? 

I think he may be important in book 4. 
    He's DEFINIETLY going to come up somehow in book 4. 
    image image image
  • I haven't read any of the tumblr posts so I don't know if they said this or not, but I was talking to my sister and she said what if Ronan dreams another Gansey and the dream Gansey dies. Like what Ronan did in the church. And you guys, I like that theory a lot.

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Lauren620 said:
    I haven't read any of the tumblr posts so I don't know if they said this or not, but I was talking to my sister and she said what if Ronan dreams another Gansey and the dream Gansey dies. Like what Ronan did in the church. And you guys, I like that theory a lot.
    I think a dream person definitely has something to do with it! The fact that Ronan can dream entire people (HELLO!) wasn't given nearly enough weight...and we do know that he's trying to figure out a way to keep Matthew alive when he dies.

I like that as well.
    image image image
  • There has to be some dream person involved for sure! I wonder if there will be anymore with Declan in the next book, especially with Ronan looking for a way to keep Matthew alive.

How is everything going to be resolved in only one more book?! I hope we don't get a super vague ending because I need some Gansey/Blue and Adam/Ronan resolution!

I will say that before this book I was very doubtful that anything would actually come of Adam and Ronan. I thought that Adam killing Gansey, like from his vision in the tree, would break Ronan and he wouldn't be able to be with Adam after that. So now I just don't know what to think. Maybe that is still true and now that the chemistry keeps building between them it will be even more heartbreaking if that happens.

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I just finished and my phone is going to die so I need to GTF off the Internet, but I just had to post.

I'm so in love with all of these people. The boys and Blue and Calla and Mr. Gray and even Orla and just EVERYONE. Like I literally am more in love with them than real life people. I felt like they all became even more real to me, especially Gansey - his waiting for Blue to call and hiding in the kitchen/bathroom? Gah.

And I can't even with Ronan and Adam. I'm SO glad Adam was able to get his shit together (Persephone! *sniff) and then the way Ronan opened up to him as he opened up to himself... They DESTROY me. They're both so COMPLICATED - seriously, I've just spent a solid 5 minutes typing things to try and explain and I CAN'T. I honestly don't want them to just jump on each other and "smooch," it's going to be SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT. The tension. I can't even.

I have no theories, honestly- I'm too afraid to get attached to any of them. I just want to blindly trust that Maggie will not disappoint.

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

Jen748