Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thursday Randoms

2»

Re: Thursday Randoms

• SnShne322 said:
    I am so obsessed with the Raven Boys books. I haven't been like this about anything since Twilight.
    I have a coworker that's been reading the Divergent series.  I'm so tempted to recommend these to her since I think they are SO MUCH BETTER. But what if she doesn't like them? I can't handle that.  Also, I don't think my relationship with her can withstand the amount of fangirling I want to do if she were to read them.
    OMG SO MUCH BETTER. I would try to recommend casually. Keep your enthusiasm low. You don't want to overhype. 
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Lauren620 said:

My lunch was so spicy my nose is running and I'm convinced the only thing that will help or make it better is Pinkberry.
    I fully support this.

I'm still obsessed with adding Capt Crunch per your recommendation. I NEED some right now.

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

caseyandlizzie
  • SnShne322 said:

I am so obsessed with the Raven Boys books. I haven't been like this about anything since Twilight.

I have a coworker that's been reading the Divergent series.  I'm so tempted to recommend these to her since I think they are SO MUCH BETTER. But what if she doesn't like them? I can't handle that.  Also, I don't think my relationship with her can withstand the amount of fangirling I want to do if she were to read them.

I keep trying to push this series off on people and not many people are biting. My sister loves it, but I don't know anyone else IRL that has read it. It makes me so sad because it's so amazing.

I need to buy them for MH's 16 year old cousin, we tend to like the same books lol

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Lauren620 said:
    I keep trying to push this series off on people and not many people are biting. My sister loves it, but I don't know anyone else IRL that has read it. It makes me so sad because it's so amazing. I need to buy them for MH's 16 year old cousin, we tend to like the same books lol
    It's a tough sell because when people ask you what it's about there's just no way you can explain it. 
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @booneybear

I can't look at your post without cringing. I have an irrational fear of frogs, so that post is the stuff of my nightmares.

• I'm studying today. My younger cat kept attacking my pen, so I gave her an extra. Then she kept trying to chew on my papers, so I gave her her own papers. The same happened with the paperclip and the straw in my drink. She's probably enjoying me working part time too much and doesn't want me to pass lol.
  • SnShne322 said:
    My son, who is 3, wants to be Travis Barker when he grows up. This started when he asked me the names of people who are drummers. I could only come up with Dave Grohl, Lars Ulrich, Tommy Lee, and Travis Barker. For some reason, he latched on to Travis Barker. Now we have to watch videos of him on YouTube, while DS emulates him.

I'm not sure how I feel about this just yet. lol
    Eeek.  10 years ago my answer would have been different from now.  At least he's 3 and he'll probably move onto something else soon, right?
    Probably. Last week alone, he told me on separate occasions that he wants to be a puppy, Iron Man, an owl, and Luke Bryan.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices, honestly.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

CeeCeeSugaPie
  • I haven't read The Raven Boys but this thread is making me want to.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• dmlk413 said:
    I haven't read The Raven Boys but this thread is making me want to.
    DO IT!

Also... I sense a Raven Boys mafia in the making. lol

dmlk413
  • @ashleyt121 I hope the vet can make your dog feel better soon!
    @menrandes big hugs! I can imagine how stressed you must be!

We had an all day staff meeting today. One of the suggestions for a new social activity was an audiobook club! As in the seniors would come in and listen together and talk about it!! I hope we get a lot of interest.
  • dmlk413 said:
    DO IT!

Yup, it needs to happen.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• dmlk413 said:
    DO IT!

Yes, @dmlk413, do it! 

I'm totally in for the Raven Boys mafia. We all have to wear impudently orange polo shirts in honor of Gansey. 

My Thursday random: last year I bought raven window clings for Halloween because they reminded me of the Raven Boys...and I never took them down. So the house is still decorated for Halloween even though I've been too lazy for other decorations. 
    image image
  • I don't know where to get one of these but I want one
    This is my spirit animal. 
    It has the cutest grumpy face. 
    image image
  • What's the mafia for if literally EVERYONE is madly in love with the books? I don't get it.

But I'm super grumpy because I'm still only halfway through my Dream Thieves reread.

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• j*&p* said:
    dmlk413 said:
    DO IT!

Yes, @dmlk413, do it! 

I'm totally in for the Raven Boys mafia. We all have to wear impudently orange polo shirts in honor of Gansey. 

My Thursday random: last year I bought raven window clings for Halloween because they reminded me of the Raven Boys...and I never took them down. So the house is still decorated for Halloween even though I've been too lazy for other decorations. 
    So much peer pressure!  Hopefully I can get to it in November.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• 84Lauren said:
    What's the mafia for if literally EVERYONE is madly in love with the books? I don't get it. But I'm super grumpy because I'm still only halfway through my Dream Thieves reread.
    To take over the world, silly! ;)

• 84Lauren said:
    What's the mafia for if literally EVERYONE is madly in love with the books? I don't get it. But I'm super grumpy because I'm still only halfway through my Dream Thieves reread.
    I think people are misunderstanding the purpose of a mafia... And also .... Grumpy, party of 2. 

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)