Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Talk to me about a hysteroscopy

I am scheduled to have one next week. What should I be prepared for? I am taking the day off (obviously), but will there be a lot of pain? We are headed to the beach the next afternoon, and I'm a little freaked out that I won't be back to my normal self!

Cinnabun and Junebug say, "Go Wildcats!"

Re: Talk to me about a hysteroscopy

• Mine really wasn't bad.  I took 4 advil before I went in, and had some cramping during the procedure and maybe a little for the rest of the day.  Nothing major, just period like cramps for the rest of the afternoon.  I hope you have an easy time of it - Good luck!!
    SIGGY WARINING

Me: 32 | He: 35
    TTC since Sept 2011
    DX: Unexplained
    1st round of clomid: Jan 2013 BFP - M/C 8 weeks
    surprise BFP Apr 2013 - M/C 9 weeks
    IUI #1 clomid Jul 2013 = BFN
    IUI #2 clomid Aug 2013 = BFN
    IUI #3 injects Oct 2013 = BFN
    IUI #4 injects Dec 2013 = BFN
    IVF #1 March 2014 - 12R/12F, one perfect day 5 blast transferred
    BFP!! Beta#1 = 431 Beta#2 = 914 Beta#3 = 2207 HB = 166!!

• HSG or hysteroscopy?

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• @caseyandlizzie‌ hysteroscopy

• I would have been fine to lay around on the beach the next day. I only had post bleeding the day of.   I'm fairly certain I was told no swimming, so that could be a bummer. 

Baby Boy born 5.3.15

• I was probably mostly ok the next day but I know I took it easy for a few days, especially with the toddler. I think pp is confusing an hsg and a hysterscopy because I don't think Advil before surgery is all one needs. Unless mine was different. It was actual surgery, I was completely out. I woke a couple of hours after surgery was done, went home and slept more since DH took the day off to drive me and to watch the toddler. Before my hsg I took advil and was fine. But again, those are two very different procedures so it depends on which one you are referring to.
    Thanks to our wonderful RE our family is complete!
    DS #1 10.12.12
    DS #2 10.24.14

• @Aimothy‌ Thanks! I definitely didn't even think about the swimming thing! I'll have to ask on Tuesday.
    @carcrashheart‌ I'm having a hysteroscopy. I know I'll be completely out, and I've taken that day off work. Hopefully I'll just sleep it off and be okay.

Any limitations on exercise?

• Nope, not confused.  I've had both an HSG and a hysteroscopy.  I had the hysteroscopy in the office and was able to see the inside of my uterus on the screen which was sorta cool.  They did end up doing a biopsy while they were in there, and that hurt, but the actual procedure was NBD.
    SIGGY WARINING

Me: 32 | He: 35
    TTC since Sept 2011
    DX: Unexplained
    1st round of clomid: Jan 2013 BFP - M/C 8 weeks
    surprise BFP Apr 2013 - M/C 9 weeks
    IUI #1 clomid Jul 2013 = BFN
    IUI #2 clomid Aug 2013 = BFN
    IUI #3 injects Oct 2013 = BFN
    IUI #4 injects Dec 2013 = BFN
    IVF #1 March 2014 - 12R/12F, one perfect day 5 blast transferred
    BFP!! Beta#1 = 431 Beta#2 = 914 Beta#3 = 2207 HB = 166!!

• I had mine on a Friday and was fine to go back to work on Monday. I was a bit sore for a few days, but it really wasn't a big deal, and I only took maybe 1  or 2 of tha pain pills I had. I think lying on the beach would be the perfect way to recover!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Oh, and as far as limitations, I didn't have any, and was told to just do what you feel comfortable with. I had two incisions, one in my belly button, and one at my bikini line and wasn't supposed to get those wet for 24 hours, which worked out because I just wanted to lay there and rest anyways.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

- Gayle Forman
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

• i don't recall having any restrictions, but i was pretty tired and felt off for a few days. i was totally out. the only time i got to see my ute was during the HSG. the hysterscopy was done to remove polyps. if i had to be awake during it i would have been all FTN and peaced out. i had to return two weeks later for a follow up. i think i was on pelvic rest until that follow up appt.
    Thanks to our wonderful RE our family is complete!
    DS #1 10.12.12
    DS #2 10.24.14

• I couldn't exercise until cleared by the doctor at the follow up either.

Baby Boy born 5.3.15

• I had my hysteroscpy done with laproscopy for endo, so my limitations could have been more than most, but I couldn't drive for a week or take a bath/swim u til the stitches came out. I want to say it was 2 weeks pelvic rest. I also couldn't lift more than 15 pounds for a week.
    "I said what I meant and I meant what I said, an elephant's faithful 100%" Dr. Seuss, Horton Hatches The Egg. My Ovulation Chart Ttc buddies with LexiMS!