Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FRIDAY CONFESSIONS

75 Books in 2015?

photo OutlanderMafia.jpg  
It's slippery as waterweed.
Lauren620MrsC7ShepherdjelRiverPlate

Re: FRIDAY CONFESSIONS

• fabkfabk member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    My ILs are here, I am hiding upstairs under the premise of vacuuming. 
    Lauren620booknerd226
  • fabk said:
    My ILs are here, I am hiding upstairs under the premise of vacuuming. 
    MIL stayed with us last weekend. I hid in my room most of the time "cleaning and organizing my closet."  Since she and FIL divorced I can hardly stand to be around either of them.  They weren't so bad to be around at first, but now they are both pretty unbearable all the time.  They are driving MH crazy too.

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

fabk
  • I love it when nature waters my garden for me. 

I hate it when I know someone is coming over and I make sure I do a thorough clean and then they only stay for 5 minutes.

I am so glad we got a tent site for the family trip in August.  Yay not sharing a cabin with my BIL, his girlfriend, or my MIL!  I'd rather spend a week in a tent than do that again. 

my read shelf:
    Miranda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
    "I don't much care where –"
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

• I don't have anything really, so I'll post a silly one: I think John Wayne was a terrible actor.
    oliversbear
  • dmlk413dmlk413 member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    I've never read anything by Maya Angelou.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I'm training a new hires, I'm so annoyed that I can't screw around on the internet like I normally get to between things at work or listen to an audio book all day.  The upside is this is my second new hire to train and I've gotten praise about the good job I do, so it's not all bad.
    Books read in 2011: 111

Books read in 2012: 100
    Books read in 2013: 75
    Books read in 2014: 130
    Books read in 2015: 98
    my read shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm so stressed right now with the end of the school year, my book coming out next week, edits on my 2nd book, my MFA stuff, and just having a life and being a person...I hit my breaking point last night when MH asked me to put some of my stuff away. I have no problem putting my stuff away, but I'd worked all day (and had a bad day), gone straight to work out, came home, ate, and then did more work the entire time until it was my bedtime. I just wanted to go to sleep and put the stuff away later, and he wouldn't let it go, so I broke down crying for an hour.

It was so dumb, but I'm just SO TIRED AND STRESSED OUT.
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I go back to work June 9th, my boss emailed me to let me know my coirker is out on vacation that week. So much for an easy transition back. This is the same girl who took a week off the week before my due date. Seriously? Plan vacations better please.
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• SkeezonSkeezon member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    @Young_Love We've all been there. You're juggling so many things right now, that a tiny little something was bound to push you over the edge. Sometimes a good cry is just what we need to clear the bad shit away and start fresh. I hope life gets easier for you, honey.

I don't understand why the kids here are so loud and obnoxious. Is this just a common theme for kids in groups? We live right by a school. So, around 7:30 every morning, they make so much damn noise walking to school. I'm like, "WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?" Then, when they get out of school, it's even worse. Yesterday, these kids were chasing each other and one ran into the street to get away. He was almost hit by a car. I almost had a heart attack. Everyone laughed, including the kid and he's like "Did you see that? I almost died. Hahaha." I think the biggest lesson here is that I'm old and my tolerance levels are low.
    I write sexy books. I read all the books. I love dresses & macarons.

image image image 
    image image image
    Passanie
  • I'm going to do an uber cheap cosmetic renovation on my uber tiny condo kitchen. I'm going to do this myself, and I'm SO EXCITED. I am not super handy, but my husband is even worse, so he won't be any help.

Wish me luck! One of these days, I'd like to invest $$ into completely reimaging the whole space, but for now, making it look prettier is going to have to do.
    Ooooo what kind of renovations are you doing? I really want to do ours too but have NO IDEA where to start... @sfgiantsjo

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm going to do an uber cheap cosmetic renovation on my uber tiny condo kitchen. I'm going to do this myself, and I'm SO EXCITED. I am not super handy, but my husband is even worse, so he won't be any help.

Wish me luck! One of these days, I'd like to invest $$ into completely reimaging the whole space, but for now, making it look prettier is going to have to do.
    Ooooo what kind of renovations are you doing? I really want to do ours too but have NO IDEA where to start... @sfgiantsjo
    So, I really want to tear the whole thing out and start from scratch, but for now, I am only doing cosmetic stuff. 
      - Paint over ugly cabinets and add cute hardware and drawer pulls. Our countertops are this ugly yellowy cream color that I hate, so I'm going to paint the cabinets a light gray to make the most of the yellow tone, and get cheery yellow dishtowels and a rug.
     - Replace the plastic sheets that cover the ugly florescent  light boxes.
     - Replace the faucet on the sink
     - Add a Backsplash
     - Buy a Pantry cabinet for added storage. 

That's about it! I'm budgeting $1000 for the project.
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
    Shepherdjel
  • RevJenRevJen member
    Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    There's a product by Krylon (I think) that will allow you to redo the countertops.  If you're interested, I can find it.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

Shepherdjel
  • We're going out on our friends' boat tomorrow with them and their children. All I can think is "Crap, how is it bikini season AGAIN and I'm still not ready for it." Which is ridiculous because I have every day to eat better and work out, and I've been much better about that, but the weight isn't coming off at all.

• RevJen said:
    There's a product by Krylon (I think) that will allow you to redo the countertops.  If you're interested, I can find it.

Ooo! That would be awesome! 
  • sassypants527sassypants527 member
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    Not a confession but totally an AW brag, but I met all four members of Toad the Wet Sprocket tonight.  I met Glen and Dean last summer but I finally met Randy and Todd tonight.  It. Was. AWESOME!  And I always had a thing for Dean back in the day, but I gotta tell you, Todd is hotness.  Pics:
    Glen:

Randy (yes, he is very tiny and has a lift in one of his shoes.  I don't know how he drums!):

Dean:

Todd:

And they signed one of my really old CDs:

RiverPlateSnShne322
  • I have watched the first four seasons of Supernatural on Netflix in the past 3 weeks.  I have never watched this much TV before in my life.
  • I have watched the first four seasons of Supernatural on Netflix in the past 3 weeks.  I have never watched this much TV before in my life.
    One of my coworkers is bingeing in the same way. 
  • RevJenRevJen member
    Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    RevJen said:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_1705-90-258283_0__?productId=3327520&Ntt=rustoleum&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=rustoleum&facetInfo= 

You can find which one works best for what you want to do and for the material of the countertop itself.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• RevJen said:
    RevJen said:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_1705-90-258283_0__?productId=3327520&Ntt=rustoleum&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=rustoleum&facetInfo= 

You can find which one works best for what you want to do and for the material of the countertop itself.
    Nice! Thanks!
  • RevJen said:
    RevJen said:

Nice! Thanks!

We used this (and the matching cabinet product) before we listed our house for sale.  It was awesome!  MH took a few days off & did them both.  Just make sure you read all directions first.  He said that the counter tops were a bit hairy when it was time to spread the chips because you had to paint then quickly spread the chips before the paint started to dry.

Good luck!  :)