January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New Surgery Date

TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
edited May 2014 in January 2012 Weddings
After seeing 3 different doctors and finding out that I would not be able to carry a baby with my giant fibroid, I decided I must get it removed. My surgery is scheduled for June 11. I wanted the first week of June, but doctor is away that week.
I will have 18 days to recover before teaching my college class. Also, we have a beach vacation planned June 24-27. I hope I will be able to swim by then. I am scared that I will end up with a hysterectomy, but I have faith in this surgeon. He has 39 years experience and has a reputation of being one of the top surgeons in Philadelphia. I know this fibroid has to be removed so it's now or never.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image

Re: New Surgery Date

• I really hope that everything goes well and they don't have to do a hysterectomy. How is your DH's back doing?
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks! DH is a little better. He went back to work last week, but he was told they are not renuing his contract for next year. It sucks because they were not able to 3 observations due to him being out so long, and the one they did do didn't have a high enough score, so they are letting him go. But for everyone else they did 3 evaluations and averaged the scores together . So basically this injury has cost him his job.

• That's horrible for him. I would try to fight that, especially if he was in a union (which I assume he was). He wasn't given a fair chance at doing his job. I had a friend fight something like this - her principal marked her observation as unsatisfactory, when it wasn't, because he had a beef against her actually working- and she got a lawyer, and fought it. She didn't go back, but she wanted to not have to put on her applications that she was let go. And in this case, I think he has even more of a claim, because basically, they discriminated against him because of an injury.

And I will be praying that you don't need a hysterectomy either. I think you are in very good hands. Please let me know if you need anything.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Thank you. The union rep told him since he is non-tenured there is nothing they can do. They advised him not to fight it. I think it is really crappy that they are letting him go due to preformance when he wasn't there long enough for them to see him perform! They should let him go due to budget, like they are doing with some other teachers. I fear this will ruin his reputation.

• I would definitely fight it anyway. My friend was told the same thing. They don't want to make themselves look bad, and don't want to deal with it. It will hurt his reputation, when it wasn't his fault at all. And tenure isn't something that should matter with a union. He was doing his job, and was injured on the job. He can't help that they didn't have enough time to do evaluations.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• And more than likely, if you do fight it, the school district isn't going to want to bother to fight it and will just give in. And I wouldn't ask for his job back, just for the ability to say he was let go for financial reasons, or that he left on his own, instead of them having let him go for teaching reasons.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I agree with you but DH thinks he should not fight it. I can't make him.

• I hope your surgery goes well and you are able to enjoy your vacation the way you want to. I am sorry to hear about your husband and his job situation. My dh thinks his charter school may be getting shut down, but we don't know for sure. He'll be job hunting this summer too.
    Daisypath - (B4ZA)
    Lilypie - (V3N1)
  • Thank you. I hope your DH'S charter school stay open!