January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]eknot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bills, bills, and more bills.....

Ever notice that rarely does anything good show up in the mail anymore?  Just junk mail and bills. :(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bills, bills, and more bills.....

• Jean9dsJean9ds member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    Stealing your own statuses from fb? :p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Am12712Am12712 member
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its

Yep we got 2 surprise bills in the mail. SURPRISE you owe the IRS 2500 and SURPRISE your escrow account was estimated incorrectly and your house payment is going up 400 a month for the next year!

I don't know why I bother to check the mail anymore.

Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• HEY!

Those things happened to me this year too!!!!!!!!!!!  Twinsy

• Jean9ds said:
    Stealing your own statuses from fb? :p
    Cross posting....:)  Trying to wake up the crickets....
    Jean9ds
  • Am12712 said:

Yep we got 2 surprise bills in the mail. SURPRISE you owe the IRS 2500 and SURPRISE your escrow account was estimated incorrectly and your house payment is going up 400 a month for the next year!

I don't know why I bother to check the mail anymore.

I always hate the escrow re-calculations.  Before we moved, property taxes were re-calculated in July for the city.  So the last two tax payments (quarterly) would be different than the escrow was expecting.  So usually I'd get a notice in November saying I'd paid too much and they'd decrease my escrow, then a notice in February that I was behind because of the two tax payments.  Like couldn't you see that the payments were off in July and account for them?

I just told them to add it to the payment as even if I paid the "make up" amount, it still raised the escrow so what's the point?
  • I just wonder why I bother checking the mailbox anymore.  It's either advertisers wanting me to spend money or people wanting me to pay bills.  I also hate May/June because all the big bills come due then (car insurance, property taxes, Joy's immigration expenses, etc).  Not surprises.  Just big. :((
  • Good thing you plan for them!

• I had a good mail day. 4 deposit checks, a graduation invite and bday party invite.
    jjbmstinco
  • I got Mcdonalds coupons!  That was about it. :)

• Jean9dsJean9ds member
    Woooo May = the month of three apartment rents. I can't wait until June when Jared and I are together in ONE apartment with ONE rent. Oh the money we shall save

• WOOOOOOO I love saving money!

Jean9ds
  • Jean9dsJean9ds member
    WOOOOOOO I love saving money!
    Right!? it's the best feeling in the world

• aleigha85 said:
    I had a good mail day. 4 deposit checks, a graduation invite and bday party invite.

Yay!  Glad to hear somebody still gets good things in the mail. :)
  • I got a wedding invite a few weeks ago... I guess that's still a money thing since I have to buy a gift.

And no, I know I don't need to buy a gift, but they got us awesome gifts for our shower and wedding, and I love them so I want to get them something nice.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I got a wedding invite a few weeks ago... I guess that's still a money thing since I have to buy a gift.
    I'd still consider it a good thing. It's not like the sole purpose of a wedding invite is to separate you from your money.
  • Am12712Am12712 member
    500 Comments Fourth Anniversary 100 Love Its
    Checked the mail today and there was a check.... for my mom. Hey at least someone in this house is getting money. She can now use it on her cruise!
    Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• Am12712 said:
    Checked the mail today and there was a check.... for my mom. Hey at least someone in this house is getting money. She can now use it on her cruise!

Yay money! :)
  • jtmh2012 said:
    I got a wedding invite a few weeks ago... I guess that's still a money thing since I have to buy a gift.
    I'd still consider it a good thing. It's not like the sole purpose of a wedding invite is to separate you from your money.
    Exactly. I'm very excited for them, and for this wedding. It should be a fun one. Plus, I have a few months to plan their gift.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• jtmh2012 said:
    Am12712 said:

This reminds me that I have a check to cash that was a refund from a doctor... I really need to work on my finances this weekend....

BabyFruit Ticker 

• jtmh2012 said:
    Am12712 said:

This reminds me that I have a check to cash that was a refund from a doctor... I really need to work on my finances this weekend....
    I did mine last night.  Now I'm out of money again..... :(
  • I will be doing mine this weekend!

• Yep! Paying bills this weekend. And we just bought a groupon for a hotel for our vacation. Even with the savings, bye bye money.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guess I'm doing this tonight. I'm exhausted though.

BabyFruit Ticker