January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WTH Life

D lost his job yesterday. The restaurant industry sucks! Someone stole $600 on his shift on Monday. When he came to pick me up from the airport he was stressed and saying he is going to have to pay it himself. He was going to get the money after work yesterday but after lunch they let him go.

I am sad because it is always something. Why can't we both be doing well? D said he is not going to get unemployment....So all the pressure is on me. It sucks because that means my nanny just lost her job too. It is going to be hard to tell someone wonderful that you have to let them go for no fault of their own.

D is done with the restaurant industry. He will probably go back to school. Which I am very supportive of. He just needs to figure out what he wants to do when he grows up. Thanks for reading my vent.

Re: WTH Life

• I am so sorry for you. It's awful that they are holding him that accountable for what someone else did.

I hope that he can find his calling in life after this. Just try to look at this as a good thing, that he can finally do something that he is happy doing.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• That just sucks and totally isn't right. Why are they blaming him for it?
  • It happened on his shift and if he was going to pay the money he should have already done it. Which I think is weird that he would have to pay shortage out of pocket.

The mistake was that the money was left out of the safe and not in a register.
  • aleigha85 said:
    It happened on his shift and if he was going to pay the money he should have already done it. Which I think is weird that he would have to pay shortage out of pocket. The mistake was that the money was left out of the safe and not in a register.

I hope he finds something a lot better.  Stuff like that just pisses me off.

There are days I'd love to go in and give Joy's management a piece of my mind.  Sadly, it won't do any good.  I seriously hope that one day she can find a better job. :(

• That is very crappy of his job. But I agree that it sounds like he can find something better that he loves. Going back to school is great! I'm sorry that puts all the stress on you and that your nanny will lose her job. Hopefully she understands.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There isn't much that others have said, but I am thinking about you!

Hoping and praying for the best.