Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Planning an In-Law visit

bremattbrematt member
Sixth Anniversary First Comment
edited May 2014 in Family Matters

Best Answer

Answers

• My in laws come on weekends.  I have a really hard time with this too- we normally just sit around, but they're very anti-social so we just end up staring at each other. 

I've attempted to plan activities, but it usually ends with them complaining a lot.  Then I get frustrated.  

I think it's best to stay home for the most part.  I just try to stay busy cooking and such.  Go to the movies maybe?  How long are they staying?
  • bremattbrematt member
    Sixth Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2014
    This sounds a lot like my In-Laws. At our wedding they wouldn't even say hello to my parents. They are planning on staying a week. I may try to run low key things like the movies across and see what they think about it. Just in case I have a few other ideas if they feel ambitious one day. I'm always a little uncomfortable because I feel like I'm not being a good host when company is sitting in front of the TV.
  • VORVOR member
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper
    I agree. Plan a couple easy site seeing things to do with them but then also let them have down time. I wouldn't feel pressured to be WITH them 24/7. They like to watch tv? Let them while you all do something (work?) else.
  • Jae179Jae179 member
    10 Comments
    That's a good idea!