Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

husband's uncle dying, do i have to visit?

My husband's uncle has been very sick and given a short amount time left to live. I have only met his uncle once at my husband's brother's funeral. The uncle lives in another city. My husband does not keep in touch with any of his extended family. 
Husband wants to visit his uncle this wknd. Do I have to go? 

Re: husband's uncle dying, do i have to visit?

• eafhtxeafhtx member
    First Comment
    I am a student and have finals next week so traveling this weekend is not ideal.
  • VORVOR member
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper
    No, you don't. Clearly it means something to your DH for HIM to go, and I would hope that it will mean something to his uncle. But really - he doesn't know you. YOU don't have to go.
  • JanimalJanimal member
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker

You should be asking YOUR HUSBAND this question, not us.  You aren't going for closure for yourself, you would be going FOR HIM.  If he feels like he needs and wants you there, you should go to support your husband.  If your husband is ok with you not going, stay home and study.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I agree with PP. Of course you don't have to go for the uncle's sake, but if your DH wants you there for support, you should go. Death in the family is one of those things that you have to support your spouse through, no matter what. Ask your DH what support he wants and needs from you, and if that means you have to go, you should.
  • I also agree with PP, you should let your husband know that you have lots of studying you need to do and if he would mind if you stayed back.