Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

GoT question

So my husband wants to start watching game of thrones but I refuse to watch until I've read the books. That being said I don't necessarily have time to read the entire series right now. Which books does season 1 and season 2 cover? We will have to stick to DVD's as we don't have cable.

Re: GoT question

• Season 1 = Book 1
    Season 2 = Book 2

(for the most part)

Season 3 starts mixing it up a little.
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • Gotcha, thanks so much!!
  • Book 3 is split into season 3 and season 4, isn't it?
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • Yes, with other bits thrown in.
    Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores
  • Starting with Book 3, there is so much going on at the same time that some of the characters' stories and development are split off into the other books, and the chronological time of the books isn't exactly in a straight line.  The show does a slightly better job of keeping the timeline straight, you just have to remember that some all of the things happening in one episode or even across several episodes are happening at exactly the same time, regardless of which book they're from.

I think I just confused myself.