January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: FFC

• Where's yours? ;)

Sometimes I feel ilke I don't know what I am doing parenting wise. I still rock Abby to sleep the majority of the time. I know some babies can be laid down drowsy, but awake. Not Abby. Whenever I try to lay her in the crib awake it is a big no go. She still wakes up once or twice a night. I started her on stage 3 foods and she does ok as long as she doesn't feel the chunks of real food, mostly in the dinners, if she finds them she pushes them out with her tongue. I tried some finger foods and she does ok with some but not all. Using the sippy cup is also not working. I keep comparing what I do to what everyone else does. I know it is bad. Ugh!

• D bought the kids kindle fires. I don't agree. It is not a holiday or bday so I don't think they should get gifts.
  • I need to think of a good one.  I had one typed out, but it was lame.

• shellyamfshellyamf member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Where's yours? ;)

Sometimes I feel ilke I don't know what I am doing parenting wise. I still rock Abby to sleep the majority of the time. I know some babies can be laid down drowsy, but awake. Not Abby. Whenever I try to lay her in the crib awake it is a big no go. She still wakes up once or twice a night. I started her on stage 3 foods and she does ok as long as she doesn't feel the chunks of real food, mostly in the dinners, if she finds them she pushes them out with her tongue. I tried some finger foods and she does ok with some but not all. Using the sippy cup is also not working. I keep comparing what I do to what everyone else does. I know it is bad. Ugh!

Oh I know how you feel. Lily eats some finger foods and she isn't a fan of all purées. But she still eats stage 2 purées great. My doctor said as long as she is eating and gaining not to worry so I try not to. It took her awhile to really use her sippy cup and even when she did she wasn't drinking a lot out of it. Lily still nurses 3-4 times a day and at least 1-2 times a night. I wait for her to come to me and lift my shirt up. I still rock her to sleep most nights. She also does not go to sleep when I lay her down drowsy. Occasionally she will but usually she just starts screaming. We tried some cry it out but that just ended up with her crying and shaking when she would be near her crib. So if I have to rock her to sleep to put her in her crib, I'm okay with that. I know I she won't be rocked to sleep forever. Just know that you are being a great mom. Every baby is different. There is no perfect way to parent. :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    penguin112
  • My FFC - I spent a week and a half away from home. I need a vacation. Over my family drama and having to clean and go grocery shopping when I get home is not putting me in a great mood. P did neither while I was gone. With our cat shedding her winter coat, the floors were less than clean. And in between all the cleaning, unpacking, grocery shopping P wants sex. Not my fault he kept playing his computer game this afternoon when I put Lily down for her nap and asked him if he wanted to do anything. Now he's downstairs being all pissy. Sorry that was more of a rant. I guess my confession is that right now I'm glad it's Jen who is pregnant and not me. Second confession: I was super excited but also super jealous for you, Jen!!!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry you are having a rough time Michelle.  Reading that sounds exhausting! 

Hopefully you can rest soon.

• My FFC: DH is on my last nerve. His last back procedure did not go well so he claims he is in a lot of pain. He is telling everyone that comes to help me out about his sob story. Last night my bff came to help with Liliana and bring us dinner and he wouldn't stop talking/ bitching about his back pain. It is like he is competing with me for who is in more pain. I'm sorry but if this is a competition (which it is not), I would win hands down because my stomach was just cut open!

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • @shellmaneth Thank you so much for sharing what you are doing with Lily. It really helps to hear what is going on with other parents and their babies. I tried cry it out for a nap time checking on Abby in 5 minute intervals, but it was torture for both of us, so that was the only time. I decided to just continue rocking her to sleep. I think I might go back to the stage 2 dinners and veggies for now because of Abby's dislike of the textures. I may try the sippy cup again when she turns 10 months. She holds her own bottles well and drinks from them fine. She can hold the sippy cup great, but getting the milk out is very hard for her. I've tried several different types with no success.

I hope you get a break soon.

@TaraW1979 I am so sorry you and your husband are having such problems with your health. He needs to be more considerate of your current situation. You are right about you being in more pain since you were cut open. I hope he starts seeing that soon. Sending you both get well soon thoughts.

• TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    Thank you Megan. Oh, and I nurse Liliana to sleep and I can top you...she has never once slept a night in her crib. She either sleeps in the pack n play next to us or in our bed. Also she is not great at eating. She usually will only take 5-8 spoonfuls of her perees. You are doing a great job with Abby! Don't worry.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
    penguin112
  • I finally thought of a good one.

Today my mother is on my last nerve.  Another story but its common for her.  But I called my dad to complain.  My dad and I are very close and he often gets what I am talking about.  I told him the exciting news. I know we said not to tell anyone until Mother's day, but I rationalized it by saying to myself that he wouldn't be here then, so he can know now.  He can keep a secret, so I am not worried about that.  I think I just told him bc I know it would piss off my mom. That is something I am ok about.  I do feel guilty that I promised J I wouldn't say anything. oh well!

• To all the moms- You are doing a great job. You can't parent wrong. You know your baby best. Remember that. As long as they are developing and you are doing everything to help them, you are fine.

Tara- Don't forget that men have a lower pain tolerance. He would be twice as bad as you if your roles were switched.

Jen- I am going to have this problem when I get pregnant, because I am not going to want to tell my ILs because they blabbed about the house to everyone in the family.

Mine- I don't really care about twirling anymore. My girls aren't going to get into finals, and it almost seems stupid to care about the last practice on Tuesday. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but at this point, some of them are kinda hopeless.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker