October 2011 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

TGIF

Happy Easter all! I have today off as it's a stat holiday in Canada, but for the first time ever, I don't have Easter Monday off. This is the first place I've worked that doesn't give employees the extra day. It's not a stat, but most Monday-Friday offices honour it. What do you guys normally get in the U.S. for Easter holidays?

Today is a chill day - laundry, cleaning, and tv time. Tomorrow will be errands and then the first of our Easter dinners. Sunday I have my regular volunteer shift and then our second Easter dinner. This weekend is going to kill my diet progress. lol

Re: TGIF

• athlete010688athlete010688 member
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014

We get nothing where I work.  I'm at work today, and I'll be at work on Monday as well.  I'm jealous of the few people that do have today off.  I've never heard of anyone having the Monday after Easter off.  I believe a lot of the state employees have today off.

Tonight, I'm not sure what we're doing.  Neither one of us have to work.  Tomorrow, DH works during the day, and I work from 1pm-5pm.  Ugh, I really hate the middle of the day shifts on Saturday!!  But on the plus side...I told my part-time job that I only want 8-12 hours a week.  I don't want any on call shifts, and I don't want to work on Saturdays.  She  totally understood, and said that was fine.  DH was getting peeved about the on call shifts (as was I).  Before, I would work my full-time job, work 2-3 days during the week, and then be on call another 2-3 days.  It sucked, because you couldn't plan anything!  I wouldn't know until 2 hours before the on-call if I had to go in.

We're going to his family for Easter.  I was planning on going to my parents, but he ended up not having to work...and he wants to go to his family.  I do think he is going to go to church with my parents and me though on Sunday.  He still has almost 48 hours to change his mind though...

Anniversary

TTC since June 2012

• My office technically closed at 3, but almost everyone is still here.  And I'm staying later since I was out for most of the week due to DS being sick.  DH had off today so they are hanging out today anyway (no rushing to do daycare pick up).  Tomorrow we're going to Gymboree but other than that no real plans.  Sunday friends are coming over.  We don't celebrate Easter so nothing too exciting.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I've never heard of anyone having the Monday after Easter off. My company was closed on Friday, but most were open.