January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Venting!

jtmh2012jtmh2012 mod
Moderator Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its
edited April 2014 in January 2012 Weddings

So I come into work this morning and find an email from some high up government guy trying to build a phone list and get "after hours" phone numbers from everyone.  By the time I had arrived this morning, my dear manager had already taken the opportunity to respond back with everybody's phone numbers.  Cell numbers of course.

While I might have an unlimited plan, doesn't mean I want to get phone calls at all hours of the day from work.  Fortunately, I tend to ignore numbers I don't recognize, but so not the point. X(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Venting!

• I would talk to your manager and tell them that you want your number changed. Or you know, you could change your cell number if you really want.
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker 

• That really stinks.

• I'm more annoyed than anything else.  Hopefully it shouldn't be an issue, it's just the point of the matter.  We do have an official on-call phone, so hoping that'll get used instead if they need something.
  • That would be so frustrating.  I know P uses his phone for on call and after hours work but they each get a phone allowance. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm hoping it's just due to the requirement that managers be able to reach their people in the event of an emergency (major disaster, tornado, hurricane, etc).
  • any stipend for your phone or anything?

• any stipend for your phone or anything?

Nope.  Like I said, hoping it's just for an emergency contact list.  Not so much worried about the costs as I'm on an unlimited plan.  Just don't want anybody thinking I'm 24/7 reachable.