January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What are you up to?

We had friends come today. It was so nice to spend the day with them.  Now they left, and J drank too much. He is now hung over and I find it really funny.

Tomorrow I am by myself again, while he is working!

I look forward to hanging out with you guys :)

Re: What are you up to?

• Getting ready for my bridal show today. I am excited because it is the last one this year. It will be fun because I am doing all the hair and make up for the models in the fashion show.
  • Been doing more outlets and switches this weekend.  The downstairs is done except for the switch panel near the door and the dining room dimmer.  Started on the upstairs today.

It's so nice not having paint on the outlets and switches. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are probably going to take Caden's to the discovery science center. They have an exhibit all about bubbles.... which he loves.

Its also my excuse to avoid going to my BILs fiances bridal shower. Its a lingerie and wine party.... oh and its bring your own wine! I have so many issues with the marriage and party that im just not going.
    Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• If you throw a party, you don't ask the guests to bring anything? Also how many people would be there?  25?  that is 25 bottles of wine.  Who can drink that much?! 

If I had a bridal shower, I wanted it to be a lingerie and wine party.  I ended up not having one because of time and distance. Now I am sad. 

I wish I was Caden.  I wanna go to the discovery center! I am lonely today. I have plenty to do, but feel unmotivated.

• Don't be sad. I think Bridal showers are over rated. Mine was nice but I would have been ok without it.
    Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• I say that I would of wanted one, but in reality, both J and I hate being center of attention.  So I probably hated it. 

I am dreading a baby shower in the future already.  The worse part is opening presents in front of everyone. I love to host dinner parties but that is usually me working in the kitchen while everyone talks. 

• I don't mind the showers, as long as the person getting the gifts appreciates them. I've been to so many lately where they have people open the gifts, look at them for a few seconds, and pass them on. I went to so much work to get you stuff, and all you do is look at it for a second? Come on! 
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Oh, and lingerie parties as bridal showers bother me. I went to one of those with children invited. Ended out in the lobby of the hotel for most of the time. That's more of a bachelorette party to me. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Children should not be invites to those types of bridal showers.  I could see the bach party idea, but I also don't like that every time someone gets together for a pre wedding event.  Since when d you bring gives for a bach party?  I thought it was about going out for a night out on the town for friends before you are "tied down". 

• I get what you are saying. You don't really bring gifts. But if you want to do that type of shower, you should at least let people know. It was a complete surprise and I was there with my MIL. 

BabyFruit Ticker