January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email h[email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FFFC

Let's hear this week's!

Mine:

1. I'm incredibly nervous about actually living on my own and having to do all the cleaning, cooking and housework. I had a breakdown yesterday because I couldn't even handle everything I had to do, which didn't include most of that stuff.

2. I am still upset over the HIMYM finale.
photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: FFFC

• Here is mine: I need DH to get better and go back to work. He is driving me crazy being home all the time.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • I'm very nervous about Abby moving to stage 3 and finger foods. Very nervous. I didn't realize how close she is to a year until I had an appointment for her wic this week and they asked me about when I was going to wean her off formula.

I binge watched 2 seasons of Parenthood this week.

• I haven't even thought about weaning yet. Liliana is still breastfeeding along with 3 or do bottles if formula each day. She does eat finger foods but not a whole lot. I do give her baby food jars but only stage 1 or 2.

Married the love of my life on 1-21-12. Our princess arrived on 5-28-13.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic    imageimage"Image">image
  • I let myself believe that we were going on a big Paris trip this year for a week.  Usually I can stop myself but we have some money coming, so I was like yes, this is going to happen.  Yesterday, we got a large bill because our escrow account is going to be short.  I am a lot sadder than I am telling J. 

• I let myself believe that we were going on a big Paris trip this year for a week.  Usually I can stop myself but we have some money coming, so I was like yes, this is going to happen.  Yesterday, we got a large bill because our escrow account is going to be short.  I am a lot sadder than I am telling J. 
    I just tell end up letting the escrow people add it to the payments.  In my case even if I would have paid it, my escrow amount still would have gone up, so why bother? :(
  • Jen does your mortgage company give you the option to include the shortfall in your monthly payment? Our escrow was short about 1000 and they gave us the option to pay it or increase our mortgage payment by $10 a month.

My FFC is kinda silly. Caden's baby food is going to be gone on about a week. We decided we aren't going to buy anymore and he will just eat what we eat. That means I now have to start making healthy well rounded meals. Its going to be a lot more work.... boo! LOL
    Lilypie - (2f9f)Lilypie - (y2el)
    Daisypath - (30fE)

jjbmstincopenguin112
  • We have 3 options and we aren't sure which one is the best. Maybe you guys can help me.

Option 1- pay the whole amount 2,042.  We have this in an account that we could pay without hurting our budget

Option 2- pay a portion of it

Option 3- Have our payments go up from 966 to 1200 to make up the difference.  Am I charged interest for this? Because they are making up a 600 shortfall this year and expected amount for next year. So in my eyes, it is a loan.  

• If you can swing the larger payments this year I would do that. Here is my reasoning. Yes Paris will always be there and you have lots of time to go. But life gets in the way and once you have kids that trip is going to possibly double in price.

Daisypath - (30fE)

jjbmstinco
  • I am going to agree with Am on this one. I would probably do payments and plan the trip. That's so unlike me, but I would say go for it. You will only have the child free opportunity once. 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• We have 3 options and we aren't sure which one is the best. Maybe you guys can help me.

Option 1- pay the whole amount 2,042.  We have this in an account that we could pay without hurting our budget

Option 2- pay a portion of it

Option 3- Have our payments go up from 966 to 1200 to make up the difference.  Am I charged interest for this? Because they are making up a 600 shortfall this year and expected amount for next year. So in my eyes, it is a loan.  
    No, you aren't charged interest.  I always went with option three.

I did it for 2 reasons.

1) The shortfall was almost always because real estate taxes went up.  They calculated my escrow in February, but the city's fiscal year started in July.  So I was always had two tax payments that were more than "expected."

2) Even if I paid the full amount they listed, my escrow payment was still going up.
  • Thanks for the great advice.  We will for just pay the higher mortgage payment. 

How are the sockets coming?

• Thanks for the great advice.  We will for just pay the higher mortgage payment. 

How are the sockets coming?
    :)

The first floor is just about done.  I forgot one in the 1/2 bath, but by the time I realized it, I was out of outlets.  Also need to do the switches for the over sink light and garbage disposal, but I keep putting that one off as the trim for the bottom of the window juts out into the outlet cover plate requiring some trim work.  Really Mr. Electrician?  Couldn't have put it on the next stud over?
  • lol of course not.  That would make it too easy for you!  

We made them change all our outlets before me moved in.  J wasn't going to do it.  I like the light switches we have. The are 50's button style.  J hates them.  I think they add character.  So they stay!

• We made them change all our outlets before me moved in.  J wasn't going to do it.  I like the light switches we have. The are 50's button style.  J hates them.  I think they add character.  So they stay!
    Sadly, there was no making these people do anything.  They were content to either sell it or rent it out to the next renter they could get.

Functionally, they work, but their painter sucks!  Whomever they hired to paint went right over the outlets sealing a good number of them shut.  I'm not even going to ask how they got paint on the switches.

I've done enough of them now that I've got it down to a system.  The only reason it is taking so long is I can only afford so many supplies at once.
  • house stuff is expensive.  Part of me thinks we should put any extra money we have into all the house projects.  What I want to do is travel until my heart is content.  I also want to be responsible and start retirement accounts.  So much to do, and so little money.

ImperiumWife
  • My FFC: I'm 6 weeks from graduating and I am definitely experiencing senioritis. I'm checked out of school, and don't even care haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• FFC: the girl that caused my so much drama and then just left because she was non-renewed...anyways I still have her on FB.  IDK why, but I don't want to delete her.  But everything she posts bothers me, so why do I keep her on!

Sorry, that was more of a vent.

• Jen... go to Paris!!!
    Daisypath - (30fE)

• house stuff is expensive.  Part of me thinks we should put any extra money we have into all the house projects.  What I want to do is travel until my heart is content.  I also want to be responsible and start retirement accounts.  So much to do, and so little money.

Tell me about it.  We allocation a certain amount to house projects and then use the rest for bills, travel, etc.  When you own a house there's always something.

This is me. I just want to do fun stuff... I don't want to put all my money into the house.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• My confession is that I like renting. If something goes wrong we just call our landlord. I still can't wait to buy a house so I can decorate (paint and put holes in the wall) and have a yard. But I am enjoying renting right now.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My confession is that I like renting. If something goes wrong we just call our landlord. I still can't wait to buy a house so I can decorate (paint and put holes in the wall) and have a yard. But I am enjoying renting right now.
    I agree! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Honestly I think I would rather build than buy. First it's definitely a sellers market here in Denver. Almost every house I see listed is so far from what we want or is already under contract. If we built we could personalize. But I don't know if building is more expensive or rather how much more expensive it is.
  • Honestly I think I would rather build than buy. First it's definitely a sellers market here in Denver. Almost every house I see listed is so far from what we want or is already under contract. If we built we could personalize. But I don't know if building is more expensive or rather how much more expensive it is.
    I think it depends on where and what you choose to build. I know for us, building was more expensive for the sq. footage, but we have a very very good builder, and the house isn't just your normal development house. But there were places where we could have built that were cheaper.

BabyFruit Ticker 

I think it depends on where and what you choose to build. I know for us, building was more expensive for the sq. footage, but we have a very very good builder, and the house isn't just your normal development house. But there were places where we could have built that were cheaper.
    I think sometimes the problem with building is you have the option to add options.  Those can add up quickly.  With buying an existing home, you're stuck with what is there on the lot.  At least as of the time of purchase...
  • jtmh2012 said:
    Honestly I think I would rather build than buy. First it's definitely a sellers market here in Denver. Almost every house I see listed is so far from what we want or is already under contract. If we built we could personalize. But I don't know if building is more expensive or rather how much more expensive it is.
    I think sometimes the problem with building is you have the option to add options.  Those can add up quickly.  With buying an existing home, you're stuck with what is there on the lot.  At least as of the time of purchase...

Exactly. I'm not liking the house so far. Looking at everything we would remodel is what made me think about building. We just might have to look into both options.