Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Happy Friday! What are you reading?

2»

Re: Happy Friday! What are you reading?

• duxcaelo said:
    SnShne322 said:
    duxcaelo said:
    KrsCrp83 said:
    I'm reading Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh, HP5 (reread) and Morning Glory by Sarah Jio.  They are all pretty good.  Hyperbole is hilarious!  I adore HP so I'm loving my reread.  I just started Morning Glory yesterday afternoon so I'm not very far in, but it seems pretty good.  They are 10-12 for the year.
    @KrsCrp83 I have this waiting for me at the library! I am looking forward to it.
    Just read her blog.  It is all recycled material.  

Yep. I was a little disappointed.  It's still funny, but there really wasn't much new material.
    That is kind of disappointing. At least I know now.

I think it sucks that people are spending money on this book when they could just read it for free on her blog.  So NOT cool.  (I am glad that I didn't buy the book and was able to read it for free).  
    90 books in 2015?
  • I'm about 1/3 of the way through Alienated, and I'm really enjoying it!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

RevJen
  • duxcaelo said:
    SnShne322 said:
    duxcaelo said:
    KrsCrp83 said:
    I'm reading Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh, HP5 (reread) and Morning Glory by Sarah Jio.  They are all pretty good.  Hyperbole is hilarious!  I adore HP so I'm loving my reread.  I just started Morning Glory yesterday afternoon so I'm not very far in, but it seems pretty good.  They are 10-12 for the year.
    @KrsCrp83 I have this waiting for me at the library! I am looking forward to it.

Yep. I was a little disappointed.  It's still funny, but there really wasn't much new material.

I think it sucks that people are spending money on this book when they could just read it for free on her blog.  So NOT cool.  (I am glad that I didn't buy the book and was able to read it for free).  
    Again, I agree.  J loves Allie Brosh so I bought it from him.  He never reads anything, so to see him kind of meh on it because there was nothing new was sad (for him) and annoying (for me).
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• I am still working on A Storm of Swords and O is for Outlaw.  I am loving the Game of Thrones book and the Sue Grafton one is just ok. I also start another Pretty Little Liars book but I can't remember the name of it.  It is my favorite series right now and I am also watching it on Netflix which is why I'm not getting much reading in right now!

They are #13 - 15 for the year.

- Jocelyn my read shelf:
    Jocelyn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm reading Children of the Storm, it is #31 for the year and it's good so far.

I'm finishing up Zombie Fallout 2, I really love this series, I've actually laughed out loud a lot during these books.  It is #32 for the year. 
    Books read in 2011: 111

Books read in 2012: 100
    Books read in 2013: 75
    Books read in 2014: 130
    Books read in 2015: 98
    my read shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • SnShne322 said:
    duxcaelo said:
    SnShne322 said:
    duxcaelo said:
    KrsCrp83 said:

Again, I agree.  J loves Allie Brosh so I bought it from him.  He never reads anything, so to see him kind of meh on it because there was nothing new was sad (for him) and annoying (for me).
    I have only read one or two of her blog posts, so it's new to me, and I got it from the library.  But I would have been extremely annoyed if I'd paid for it.  That is not cool.
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    52 books in 2014?
    image       Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I just started reading Come To Me Quietly by A L Jackson. I am also working on Out Of Line by Jen McLaughlin but I'm having a hard time getting into it
    TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
    IVF w/ICSI - transferred 2; froze 3
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320 - 7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) EDD 3/6/13 
    Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13

my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I started reading Auntie Mame last night and I'm having a hard time putting it down.  It is amazing!  I love the movie of the same name, and so far they did a great job staying true to the book.  Love it!
    My Polymind (books, being green, random stuff)
  • I started Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor last night and I'm really loving it so far.   I'm still working on The Great Degeneration by Niall Ferguson and North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.  Both are for WBC and both are a little slow going.

my read shelf:
    Jenn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm reading The Yard by Alex Grecian at home- it's good but two of my holds just came in so I may set it aside to read them (Cress by Marissa Meyer and Dust by Patricia Cornwell).

At work I'm rereading The Witch of Blackbird Pond and designing a unit for one of my students.

I'm just finished listening to Red Lily (#3 of the In the Garden trilogy) and Monday I'll start Pardonable Lies (#3 of the Maisie Dobbs series)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Finishing listening to The Heist by Janet Evanovich. I'd never heard of it and just saw it at my library its much better than her other non plum books!

Reading Paper Towns and loving it. And just picked up books 2 and 3 of the. Vampire Academy series...it will be a fun reading weekend,so excited!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • j*&p*j*&p* member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    Reading: I'm going back and forth between The Hundred-foot Journey by Richard C. Morais, my Daughter of Smoke and Bone reread and Indexing by Seanan McGuire. All are good. 

Listening: I just finished up Ignite Me, the last book of the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi and oh my gawd, the drama in that one! I did really like parts of it, but all the drama and back and forth was exhausting. I almost felt like I'd been injected with 17-year-old hormones or something. And the way one character changed felt manipulative to me to make someone else look better. 
    This afternoon I started Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote. It's narrated by Michael C. Hall and I'm loving it so far. 
    image image
  • I'm rereading A Shot of Sultry by our very own Macy Beckett. I read book one on Wednesday and will read book 3 next. It's been a stressful week with work/school assignments so I needed something light and funny to read. This series was perfect :)