Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NBR: we are on lockdown. Good thoughts for safety, please!

sfgiantsjosfgiantsjo member
Ancient Membership 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
edited February 2014 in Nest Book Club
Dang. We are sheltering in place at work and at the high school. Shooting incident. All employees and students locked in one room. Ugh.
Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookstores

Re: NBR: we are on lockdown. Good thoughts for safety, please!

• How scary! Prayers that all are safe!!
    Gavin - 12.05.06 and Molly - 10.22.08

my read shelf:
    Emily's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm so sorry.  Be safe.
  • T & P are with you
  • This is so scary!  Please be safe and let us know what happens!  Saying prayers for you!
    image image image
  • OMG!  Stay safe.

• Please, please stay safe!
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• Terrible.  Let us know when all is ok.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (sGpn)

• OMG! Stay safe! I'm sending you all my safe vibes. xoxo

Please keep us posted when you can.
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • T&P that everyone stays safe!

Brie's Blog 10.11.08  The Top Shelf Bookshelf

my read shelf: Brianna's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Look like we are going to be ok. They have two in custody, and the weapon seems to be a pellet gun. Fun times working for a school district. It saddens me that this happens two or three times a year, and we really aren't in an "unsafe" neighborhood. Not sure how the guy who got shot with a pellet gun is doing...
    GreenBride624nocturnalintimacy
  • Glad to know you are ok!
    Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.”
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Glad to hear you are okay!!
  • Look like we are going to be ok. They have two in custody, and the weapon seems to be a pellet gun. Fun times working for a school district. It saddens me that this happens two or three times a year, and we really aren't in an "unsafe" neighborhood. Not sure how the guy who got shot with a pellet gun is doing...
    Really?! Is that normal?
  • So glad you all are ok
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Glad you're ok!

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker

Really?! Is that normal?
    In the last several years, it has been. Bomb Scares, Active Shooters...I just don't get it. We are definitely over-cautious, which is a good thing, but still. 
  • sassypants527sassypants527 member
    Eighth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Glad it all seems to have turned out ok. 
    :-S
    Really?! Is that normal?
    In the last several years, it has been. Bomb Scares, Active Shooters...I just don't get it. We are definitely over-cautious, which is a good thing, but still. 
    :( That's so scary!

I'm glad you're okay!
  • Wow.  How frightening.  I really hope this is not the new normal.
  • Wow, scary!  I'm glad everything is ok!

Siggy coming soon....
  • I'm glad that everything is ok!!!

(Random sidenote - I didn't know that you worked for a school district)

• Wow. Glad you're ok!
    View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • So scary!  Glad you are okay!

Cinnabun and Junebug say, "Go Wildcats!"

• Glad to hear all is well. I hope the guy who got shot is doing well too! I can't believe things like this happen a couple times a year! So Scary!!!

my read shelf:Jess (Shepherdjel)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Shit! I'm glad everything's okay, but I'm sorry you were in that situation.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control"
    - Gayle Forman
    "People talk about escapism as if it's a bad thing... Once you've escaped, once you come back, the world is not the same as when you left it. You come back to it with skills, weapons, knowledge you didn't have before. Then you are better equipped to deal with your current reality."
    - Neil Gaiman

Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Glad you are ok! 
    I work at a school that had a shooting in 1998 (Thurston High School- Springfield, OR), so any time there is an act of violence at a school, it definitely hits too close to home for many of the older employees at my school, let alone any school employee/parent anywhere.  It is just so sad that what used to be a safe place for so many, is not always the case now.
    Books Read in 2016: 4/50