October 2011 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ky

I saw your recent blog post about acupuncture and wanted to weigh in. I was TTC for 8 months before I tried acupuncture, and whaddya know, got pregnant the first time I tried it. My acupuncturist said it can take a few weeks for your body to equilibrate to it all, but I already get acupuncture for my allergies so it was quicker for me (but it did take a few weeks for the results to kick in allergy-wise when I first started).
I always doubted if that kind of thing could really be effective, but it took care of my otherwise hopeless allergies and got me pregnant - 2 for 2 so far - so I definitely recommend giving it a shot (and starting ASAP)!
Good luck! I'm rooting for you!
Anniversary

Re: Ky

• ky29ky29 member
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Interesting!!  Yeah, I figured I have nothing to lose.. it can't hurt!  Well, other than the cost.  But we've already put in thousands, what's another few hundred.  When I go in for my consult on Monday, they said they start with a session that day.  I'm pretty nervous, but hopefully it's not too bad.  Thanks for the input!

So wait, you have two now?  Did I know that? :)

Well I just rescheduled my appointment for next Friday.  My boss said we will probably be closed Monday, supposed to get 12" of snow Sunday.  I'm OVER this winter!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since March 2012
    BFP 3/14/13!!!
    U/S 4/15: Identical twins!
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks
    My Chart***My TTC blog
    Anniversary

• Oh no! I just meant accupuncture was 2 for 2 - 1 being allergies and 2 being TTC. Just this one pregnancy for me so far!

You have terrible luck with this weather! Y'all are just getting hammered with snow, aren't you? It's been rough in VA, but nothing too bad (though I was out of town for the 12 inches we got a few weeks ago, so I missed that).

As a side note, accupuncture is also SO relaxing and feels fantastic. I honestly prefer it to a massage, only because I'm so ticklish and have trouble not laughing during massages. But it's right up there. Enjoy it!!
    Anniversary

• *Lurking*  I may have to look into that!  I know my insurance covers 20 visits/plan year.  I would just have a $40 copay.  Ugh those copays add up!

And Yes!  We are having horrible luck with weather this year!  I liked the snow back in January, but now I'm pretty much over it!

Anniversary

TTC since June 2012

• I've gotten used to being poked with needles... And with how tiny these needles are I think I should be okay. I'm really hoping it helps me mentally too.

I heard on the news that we have had 52" of snow this season, I think that's the highest ever. So it looks like we may exceed 60 with this weekends storm!

Athlete - I would look into it! I'm going to an acupuncturist that specializes in IF right next to my REs office. I know that would be a bit of a drive for you, but I'm sure there's something on the south side!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since March 2012
    BFP 3/14/13!!!
    U/S 4/15: Identical twins!
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks
    My Chart***My TTC blog
    Anniversary