GP Moms
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

37 week appointment (long)

This was probably the quickest appointment I've ever had throughout my pregnancy. The doctor came in, asked me what I've been feeling and I told him about my copious amounts of BH, back pain, hip pain, etc. He basically just responded that it sounds like things are moving forward and that I'm almost there. He didn't check me because he felt it was unnecessary. Quote: "I could check you and you have no progress and still go in labor today. I could also check you and you be 4 cm and 75% and be stuck like that for two more weeks. No point in putting you through it."

He attempted to listen to the HB but LO wouldn't stay still - at all. Every time he would get close to hearing more than 3 beats LO would move to a different position or squirm. I think since he could physically see baby boy moving on the outside of my belly he was satisfied enough not to time a HB.

He asked how big DH and I were at birth (I was 6 lbs 4 oz and DH was 6 lbs 7 oz) and he goes, "this is definitely bigger than a 6 lb baby." Lol. Joy.

He left it at saying, "Tell your baby he can send you into labor any time he wants, we are ready for you."
Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:

amccul20nightmare_of_beauty[Deleted User]sgautschilb1117Sewilson33monkey1018skreedrakeLuckyAngel07

Re: 37 week appointment (long)

• sounds like a really great appointment! the waiting game continues....
  • Here's hoping the little guy comes sooner rather than later!  I'm glad you had a good appointment!  And kudos to the doctor for what he said about checking you.  He's completely right about that.  My friend never had any BH and had 0 dilation and 0 effacement at her 38 week appointment.  Her water broke that night and she had her little girl the next morning.  Anything can happen!

Come on, baby boy!  Give your mama some relief!
    My Chart
    My Goodreads Read Shelf

* After 22 months and 2 failed IUIs, we finally got our BFP *
    DS delivered naturally at 41w6d on 4/18/14
    * TTC #2  March 2015 *

• We should start a pool of how big we think LO is going to be :) the doctor seemed stunned when he heard how small DH and I were. Lol.

DH says 8 lbs 4 oz. With 19 days until my EDD and theoretically LO gaining 1-2 oz a day, I'm going with 8 lb 7 oz.

• Sounds like everything went good! Any time you're ready little man! First baby of 2014 maybe?
    DX: 6/2012 PCOS  TTC: 6/2013  BFP: 9/6/2013  Attempt Natural m/c: 10/29/2013 D&C: 2/20/2014
    BFP 2: 7/7/2014 Beta 7/8: 115, Beta 7/12: 638, Beta 7/16: 3793, Beta 7/21: 21,625

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds like a great appointment, although I was so into my numbers during pregnancy and liked knowing my dilation, it really doesn't mean anything.

I had preterm labour and was dilated to 3cm at 33 weeks.  I was on bedrest for 4 weeks and continued with non-stop BH until 40w1 day when baby came.  Dilation doesn not equal labour so its almost best not knowing.

I'm glad to hear you have a healthy squirmer in there!

First date July 31, 1999    Married January 28, 2009 

TTC#1 July 2010 PCOS dx April 2011 
    DS born: February 21, 2012

TTC#2 June 2013 MMC Sept 2013 (partial molar), CP 02/2014 DS2 born: December 5, 2014
    [Deleted User]MRads
  • Nice! My 37 week appt was pretty quick too. I had no signs of labor so I didn't ask for a check. My 38 week appt, I was admitted to L&D and had a baby four hours later. Anything can happen.
    B Born 6.27.13
  • @madeline10L - I'm completely stressing. I would love to hold him in there until at least the 10th. My dad is in the UK January 5 - 9 and I really want him to be here. However, I also would like to put my hip back together. Lol

[Deleted User]
  • I'm glad you had a good appointment! Can't wait for you to meet your baby boy!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC #1 since July 2012

Cycles 1-9: BFN
    Cycle 10: Surprise BFP on 10/17/2013!
    EDD: June 25, 2014
    Baby Girl born via induction June 26, 2014

My TTC Journey Blog

• Glad you had a good appt and I hope that baby boy comes any time!
    imageimageimage"Image">image"Image">image
    Our Little Raspberry-Born 3/27/12
    We Said I Do 09/06/09
    We love our Frankie Dog (5yo pit) and our Paco Kitty Dx Endo 12/09 Lupron 3/10-9/10 BFP 08/11 Bday 3/27/12 Lap Surgery 2/26/13
    image"Birthday"">
  • Yay for a good appointment! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay! Sounds like a great appt. My fix doesn't start checking until 39 weeks either and I agree it means nothing. With my first I wasn't dilated at all. At 41 weeks I had no progress, scheduled my induction and went into labor on my own that next day. Baby was here 4 hrs later. Second time I was dilated at 3 at my 39 week apps and didn't have him for another 5 days.

.image