Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weekend/Holiday Reading Progress

2»

Re: Weekend/Holiday Reading Progress

• Made it most of the way through Shot of Sultry. Just have 3 chapters left and can't wait to finish it tonight!

my read shelf:
    Sarah (mrs.vedo)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I finished Longbourn last night and I'm working my way through Hyperbole and A Half now.  Oh and while we were in KC for Christmas I read Tell The Wolves I'm Home.
    image image image
  • I finished Longbourn last night and I'm working my way through Hyperbole and A Half now.  Oh and while we were in KC for Christmas I read Tell The Wolves I'm Home.
    @julie37619 - how did you like Longbourn? I just added it to my TBR list this morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Finished Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (liked it, but figured out the culprit very early on) and started The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert.  I like it so far.

I worked today.  We had a teacher open house and then I just putzed around doing little stuff the last 2 hours of the day.  Sadly, one of our very beloved volunteers lost his battle with cancer on Sunday night and his funeral is tomorrow, so the museum will be open for 2 hours only but then we'll close up and go to the funeral.  Not a great end to 2013, which frankly wasn't that stunning to begin with.
  • Read Blackout by Connie Willis while on vacation. Loved it.
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • WillyH19 said:
    SusieBW said:

I liked the Dream Thieves better than Raven Boys.  But that might be because I have a crush on Ronan, and so much of the book focused on him.
    Oh, Ronan. He is by far my favorite character of this series.
    Don't you just love these boys? By the end of this book I just wanted to gather them all up in a big hug. I feel so protective of them. My boys!
    My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • Passanie said:
    WillyH19 said:
    SusieBW said:

I liked the Dream Thieves better than Raven Boys.  But that might be because I have a crush on Ronan, and so much of the book focused on him.
    Oh, Ronan. He is by far my favorite character of this series.
    Don't you just love these boys? By the end of this book I just wanted to gather them all up in a big hug. I feel so protective of them. My boys!
    Yes!! I finished the book last night and I'm still thinking about them all this morning!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• RiverPlateRiverPlate member
    Ancient Membership 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013

I made decent progress on A Modern Witch, considering we hosted Christmas and a birthday party.  I'm almost finished putting together my new office (complete with bookshelves!) and can't wait to share some pics.

ETA: I'm at 103 books for the year.  But only 100 are showing in GR because 3 were re-reads that I read first in January.

RevJen
  • I finished Killer by Sara Shepard over the weekend and got most of Nantucket Nights by Elin Hilderbrand read.
    - Jocelyn my read shelf:
    Jocelyn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)