As some of you may have read from my past posts, my DH's family owns a family business and they all (DH, MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL) all work there together. I'm the only one who doesn't work there. My DH has always known that when his parents decide to retire that he and his 2 sisters will take over the business. My DH and I currently live on the business property, as do my MIL and FIL who live right next door. Some of you know how much I've struggled living next door to my in-laws and needless to say it's been quite a bumpy road over the last few years. Now, my in-laws are slowly stepping away from the business and allowing my DH and his sisters to take over more and more. They've decided that they want to move into our house (their rental home) and wanted one of their kids to move into their house. My DH and I have been saving up to move and are planning on moving in the next few months. They approached us asking if we'd want to move into their house. I absolutely refused to (kindly of course). My MIL is crazy and needy and is constantly bugging me which drives me crazy! I can't stand living next to her and I refuse to live next to her for the rest of my life. So since we turned down the offer, my SIL and BIL have now decided to move in. My DH is afraid that his sister and BIL will now be able to take over more of the family business since they will now live on the property. I can't really see his parents doing that because the business should be split equally between he and his 2 sisters, but who knows his parents really favor my SIL and BIL. His parents have also proposed that we try and buy one of the properties next to the business so that we can still live close by, but I don't want to live anywhere near his crazy mother. I'd like to move only 5-10 minutes away, which my DH has agreed to, but then sometimes he says how he wants to stay close the business and doesn't want to move as far as I want to. His going back and forth is very frustrating. Anyway, I'm worried that if I make him move he will resent me one day for not allowing him to live at or close to the business. I've told him I just want to move away for our first home while we start our family so we don't always have his mother breathing down our necks and then we can move closer to the business in 10 years or so. I also want to move a little further (like I said only 5-10 min away) so that I can be closer to my family while we start our family. I don't think I'm being unreasonable but I'm so scared that he's going to resent me for making him move one day. What do you all think?