Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Update from me

I filed...and he still has not been served.

I have been waiting since mid-October.  We've called the sheriff's office and we were told 2 weeks ago "next week."

That time came and went and nothing. They were supposed to be there yesterday; nothing happened.

I went in person to the chancery office 3 weeks ago and the clerk there told me to contact my attorney.

So now it's prolonged agony waiting for service.  I am a nervous wreck; too bad he couldn't be served by certified mail.

Re: Update from me

• So, I'm confused. In another post you mentioned a possible action for tax non payment. Is the property in jeopardy of a tax auction?

I may be confused. Just wondering.

Can you pay a non related party to serve him? You do know where he lives :)
  • So, I'm confused. In another post you mentioned a possible action for tax non payment. Is the property in jeopardy of a tax auction?

I may be confused. Just wondering.

Can you pay a non related party to serve him? You do know where he lives :)
    No, it's not in jeopardy of tax auction.  This is a financial matter between he and I. THat's what it's all about. 

This has gone on too long and it is prolonging the agony for me.  I have a whole other mess of my own that I have to get straightened out, one that has nothing to do with him and I am fighting that battle also. I am going to ask if he can be served by mail or if we can get somebody else to do it.
  • Ah, ok. Maybe I read something wrong. Good luck with this. Hope it starts to move more quickly for you.