Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Recommend your Washer and Dryer

Hi friends
We just bought a house and it does not have a washer or dryer. We're trying to get the best bang for our buck. I think high efficiency is the way to go since we'd save so much on power and water costs. But since the machines are so expensive, I'm looking for the best deal. Can  you tell me what you like and don't like about your washer and dryer, why you chose it over the others?
thanks so much for any help. 
~Jenny~

Re: Recommend your Washer and Dryer

• We bought a house that had a washer and dryer. The washer died promptly after we moved in. I bought a Maytag Bravos HE top loader (I think it's the 3.7). I like the top loader because I could keep the lid open and prevent the musty smell front loaders are known for. So far, I like it ok. It wasn't that much more than a traditional top loader and I like the options. My friend has the same set, but older and she likes hers too. Make sure it's leveled, we had problems initially because it wasn't. 
    iteachkids81
  • I have the Maytag Cenntennial HE top loader and dryer.  I love them and they save on water and drying costs.  You have to follow the instructions about leveling and full loading since it weighs the wash and auto fills based on that.  Otherwise, I love them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic