Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dinner in the suburbs

My husband is a steak eater, and his birthday is this week end.  I am usually more prepared with plans, but we have had a lot going on.  Where would you suggest dinner in the suburbs?  We are in Malvern, and are willing to travel (but prefer the burbs).  We usually do Ruth's Chris, Sullivans etc for his b-day.  He is a steak and potatoes kind of guy.  He wants a hearty meal, and is not impressed with the foo foo dishes.  Any ideas?  Thank you!

Re: Dinner in the suburbs

• If you want to take a drive up Rt. 29, I suggest you check out Marly's BYO in Phoenixville.  One of their menu items is their "cheesesteak," which is a filet topped with roquefort/walnut crust.  Portions are decent and there are other options on the menu that are quite tasty.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by McKenzie's Brew House in Devon (right off 252).

There's the Kimberton Inn, which gets very good reviews on Yelp and is a quaint little spot. 

Another option is the Blue Pear Bistro, which is right across the street from the Dilworthtown Inn and share ownership.  Blue Pear is more casual than the Dilworthtown and my husband and I really enjoyed our dinner there this past winter. 
  • Thanks, Erbur!  We are going to Morton's.  I will certainly look at Marly's and Blue Bear for another time.  I enjoy Kimberton Inn, and it is quaint.  It is similar to Cedar Hollow in my opinion.
  • The best dinner we have had out in the burbs was Nectar in Berwyn.  
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • We went there before, and are not fans!  I think we are the only people who say that about Nectar b.c the place is always PACKED!  Maybe we need to try it again.  I do love that it is hip and trendy in the burbs though :)

• What about Savona in Gulph Mills? It is expensive but good (not as good as Nectar, lol, but good)
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • His b-day was last week end, but I will add Savona to the list for a try next time we need a nice place.  Thank you for your help!