Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Boobs hurting way more and not pregnant.. Why?

I have noticed that my boobs have been hurting a whole lot more lately right after I'm ovulating.  I mean, really hurt.  It has been this way now for a few months, at first I was thinking maybe I was pregnant, but nope.  Tests negative and start when I am supposed to.  Strange thing too is that I have noticed my back hurting more and more bloated and gassy??  I don't get it, it didn't feel this way until we started TTC, and now it is every month.   I have heard of this when you actually are pregnant, but I am not yet unfortunately.  Has anyone ever had this?  Its weird to me....

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image

Re: Boobs hurting way more and not pregnant.. Why?

• Remind me: how long have you been off BC?

My boobs were uuuuber sore at the end of last cycle before AF arrived. That's not a typical pre-AF symptom for me, but it is for many others. I was also slightly gassier; I'm not typically all that gassy.
    image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • @LuckyAngel07 is right. Coming off BCP can do that to you. I know mine were super sore for 2 weeks before AF showed up and I was bloated, gassy, etc. I wasn't pg either. Could be the hormones messing with you and your body adjusting to cycling again.

Anniversary

.. Living our happily ever after <3

• Sorry... My boobs always hurt RIGHT after I O. And I mean like sore, tender, don't touch me, kind of hurt. This also happen after I came off BCP.

imageMags's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

TTC 19 months ~Started RE in March 2014~
    DH was not ready for IUI so we waited
    ~Started acupuncture in  May 2014~

~~BFP 7/6/14~~~EDD 3/14/15~~It's a girl!!~~
  • This is very normal for me. post O I had terribly sore boobs and mad cramping

• That was always an issue for me in the 2 week window. It was terrible when I was on BC, and got worse when I got off. Don't know why, but the hormones must not have been masked as much.

What helped was wearing a loose sports bra to bed. That way they always had support.

TTC since 1/13  DX:PCOS 5/13 (long, anovulatory cycles)
    Clomid 50mg 9/13 = BFP! EDD 6/7/14 M/C 5w6d Found 11/4/13
    1/14 PCOS / Gluten Free Diet to hopefully regulate my system. 
    Chemical Pregnancy 03/14
    Surprise BFP 6/14, Beta #1: 126 Beta #2: 340  Stick baby, stick! EDD 2/17/15
    Riley Elaine born 2/16/15

TTC 2.0   6/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 9/15 
    Chemical Pregnancy 6/16
    BFP 9/16  EDD 6/3/17
    Beta #1: 145 Beta #2: 376 Beta #3: 2,225 Beta #4: 4,548
    www.5yearstonever.blogspot.com 
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My nips always hurt like hell after I ovulate. Normal.
    image image image Anniversary
    Uptowngirl2009
  • While all of this is completely normal, if it's not normal for you, it could be a number of things or a combination of a few.  Most likely, coming off BC, like PPs have said. I'm also a firm believer in the mind/body connection.  I know my body knows how much I want to be pg, so I get a lot of symptoms that I either never got or never noticed before. Not everyone agrees, though.
    imageimage
  • My nips always hurt like hell after I ovulate. Normal.
    This. That was always my telltale sign that I ovulated. Sometimes I would get it before AF too but most of the time it would start a few days after I ovulated.

TTC #1 since July 2012

Cycles 1-9: BFN
    Cycle 10: Surprise BFP on 10/17/2013!
    EDD: June 25, 2014
    Baby Girl born via induction June 26, 2014

My TTC Journey Blog

• Honestly the longer I've been off all forms of bc, all hormonal changes cause stronger physical symptoms. I never even knew that you could feel ovulation until like 8 months ago. And yes, my boobs are always sore after O.

imageimageimage
           Me: All Normal DH: .5% Morph
    Cycles 1-14 (Natural) all BFN
                                  Starting IUI#1 procedures Nov '13
                          IUI Cxl'd due to surprise natural BFP 11/1/13
            Calvin born on June 19th, 2014 via emergency c-section at 3lbs7oz

• PS: My boobs just got sore late last night. I didn't mark breast tenderness in my chart last cycle (why? I have no idea) but I seem to recall them starting to feel sore several days before AF (even before the pre-AF spotting). 

So yay for continually changing PMS symptoms.
    image image
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    Badge Unicorn

My boobs were uuuuber sore at the end of last cycle before AF arrived. That's not a typical pre-AF symptom for me, but it is for many others. I was also slightly gassier; I'm not typically all that gassy.

I actually haven't been on BC for like a year and a half.  These feelings seem to have just started within like the last few months.  My boobs never really had that 'hurt' before my AF like lots of others til now.  Its a trip, kind of like my body is psyching me out, like oh you could be pregnant, then bam, AF shows up like 2 weeks later...

I actually haven't been on BC for like a year and a half.  These feelings seem to have just started within like the last few months.  My boobs never really had that 'hurt' before my AF like lots of others til now.  Its a trip, kind of like my body is psyching me out, like oh you could be pregnant, then bam, AF shows up like 2 weeks later...
    This is exactly what's happening with me. I've been off BC since end of June 2012. Just these last 2 cycles, my boobs have started feeling sore about a week after O.
    image image
    TTC since July 2012
    Badge Unicorn

This is exactly what's happening with me. I've been off BC since end of June 2012. Just these last 2 cycles, my boobs have started feeling sore about a week after O.
    Ok, I don't feel like so much is wrong then.  :)  Mine has been like my last 2 or 3 cycles too.  Last time, they hurt BAD!  Mine are pretty little too, lol, but it made me think, man I am so glad they aren't huge, I'd be dying!!!  Never had much boob pain, not a good feeling... 

Ok, I don't feel like so much is wrong then.  :)  Mine has been like my last 2 or 3 cycles too.  Last time, they hurt BAD!  Mine are pretty little too, lol, but it made me think, man I am so glad they aren't huge, I'd be dying!!!  Never had much boob pain, not a good feeling... 
    Yup!! The one time I feel like little boobs are probably a good thing!
    image image
    TTC since July 2012
    Badge Unicorn
    cloudymeatballs
  • @goodwolf. That's my favorite movie ever

@cloudymeatballs progesterone is the answer to your question
    Married 05/05/2007, Off BCP Dec 2007
    2 failed Clomid cycles in 2011.
    RE in October 2012: IUI # 12&3 with meds:  BFNs 12/12-2/13
    IVF cycle: ER: 9/18/13, Lu came back to snuggle in: 9/23/13, EDD: 6/11/13

~My Bitter Bitches Be the Best~

lilliesandvino
  • Yeah, this thread is not comforting.  I'm still on BCP at the moment and they are more sensitive in the middle of my cycle.  Then about a week before AF, holy crap...the nips can't be touched.  I can't WAIT to see how they feel when I come off BCP in December.
    Anniversary
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin;
    BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017
  • Ever since I came off bc I don't even want DH touching them they're so painful. Poor DH. Lol
    ladybuginl0ve
  • Yeah, he's not going to like that.  LOL.
    Anniversary
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin;
    BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017