Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What's cooking?

What's happening in your kitchens ladies?

Sunday: the kid and I had Trader Joe's fettuccine alfredo with peas.  H had some other TJs deliciousness.

Monday: Potato Leek soup in the crock pot.  I have a feeling I will end up eating something else haha.  A bbq chicken Panini.

Tuesday: Breaded chicken cutlets, roasted asparagus and TJ's boxed mashed potatoes. I'm not one for instant, but we tried a sample in store and it was delicious.

Wednesday: Our anniversary.  We will celebrate in style with pizza.

Thursday: crockpot basil pesto chicken/turkey sausage and peppers

Friday: H has poker so I think some sort of leftovers for the kid and I

Last weekend we made a trip to a couple of apple orchards and I had to let H go pick apples while I stayed in the car with a napping kid.  He came back with, no joke, 32 lbs of apples.  I've been making applesauce left and right, which my kid inhales.  I also made a Jewish apple cake this past Saturday for company.  I love apples lol

Re: What's cooking?

• ooooh, Jess, do you have a recipe for the potato soup?

Tonight we're having sloppy joes as per DH's request for his birthday.  I'm making some mac and cheese and green beans to go with

Tues - rigatoni with sausage and pumpkin

Weds - salmon, sweet potatoes, roasted squash

Thurs - leftovers

Fri - out to dinner for DH's birthday
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My week so far is all recipes from skinny taste:

Sunday: Chili

Tonight: Buffalo turkey burgers with roasted brussel sprouts

Tomorrow: butternut squash lasagna roll things

Wed: out because we are getting family pics taken. 

Thurs: potato soup of some sort - I have a bag of red potatoes to use up and don't know what else to do with them.

DD: 6-24-11

EDD: 9-20-14

• Tracy here's the link. I threw in a green bell pepper because I have a bunch to get rid of haha

http://justtherightbyte.com/2013/02/potato-leek-soup-crockpot/

• Sunday: Turkey chili
    Monday: Pulled pork in the crockpot with salad an veggie pancakes (I really need to use my crock pot more. So easy!)
    Tuesday: Chicken and veggie stir fry
    Wednesday: Pasta with homemade sauce and maybe meatballs if I get around to it.
    Thursday: Falafels, salad and roasted potatoes
    Friday: ? 
    Saturday: Order out or go out. My sister will be here with her one year old, dining out may not be that enjoyable with a one year old and two month old....
    Sunday: Henry's baptism! We will be going out with family to celebrate!
    <Image and video hosting by TinyPic>
  • Thanks, Jess!  This reminded me that I made a loaded baked potato soup in the crockpot earlier this year.  I will have to try this one and compare!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been sick all week, so I have been relying on leftovers and hot dogs to feed my family.  This is what I have for the next two weeks:

Tonight-Apples and pork chops with mashed potatoes
    Friday- Pizza?  I don't know.
    Saturday- Beef and potato soup in the crock
    Sunday-Meatloaf

Monday-Turkey and sweet potato chili
    Tuesday -French Chicken in the crock with rice pilaf
    Wednesday- pasta
    Thursday- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
    Friday-  I'm on nights, so JEGs and the bubs are on their own
    Saturday- baby showers and wedding reception
    Sunday- Chicken Pot Pie

Monday-Honey Mustard chicken with roasted sweet potatoes
    Tuesday- Balsamic Penne with roasted broccoli
    Wednesday- Chicken Stirfry
    Thursday- Soup and Sandwiches
    Friday- Tacos
    Saturday-  Friendsgiving.  I should probably figure out what I'm bringing.  
    Sunday-  I'm meeting girlfriends out for dinner.  I'm sure there will be something leftover for the menfolk to eat.  
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10 
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011 

• UGH I am seriously doing so poorly with this meal stuff.  Last week, between my boss ordering out and sharing with me and just running around, I ate out more than in.  My waist line is super not cute at the moment for it, and I feel icky.

Last night we used a coupon and went out to eat- decided to do that since DH is so rarely home for dinner at a 'normal' time.

Tonight I want to do tilapia and baked potatoes and a veggie- but we got a request for a house showing for tomorrow, so now I'm wondering if it's a good idea to make the house smell like fish...

I got nothing else planned the rest of the week.  I have to do some food shopping too- we're out of chicken, which is the one thing DH can have that's meaty.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • Sunday: I made a pot roast for the first time; I think I cooked it a little too long, but it turned out OK. 

Monday: ground beef and sweet potato hash.

Tuesday: Curried butternut squash and kale soup.  Oh, it was incredible! 

Weds: I'm attempting to make short ribs in the crockpot with this recipe.

Thu: dinner meeting

Fri: grab something on our way to a show in Sellersville.