Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Too early, right??

I love the holiday season, and all of the decorations that go with it, but November 1st is just a little too early.  Our new neighbors decorated their house over the weekend, and by decorate, I mean dump at least $1000 worth of light-up Christmas figurines in their (tiny) front yard. 

And it's not just them.  I've already seen a couple of commercials, and the stores have been pushing it for weeks already.

It really takes away from the novelty of the holidays.  By the time Christmas rolls around, I'm going to be Christmased out.

Vent over.

Follow Me on Pinterest
Charlene Piacentini Carey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: Too early, right??

• I totally agree with you!  My theory is "respect the turkey."  I love Christmas, but I don't want to see decorations and commercials before Halloween.  Do you remember when magically everything was transformed the day after Thanksgiving?  And, Santa came in the parade.  Or am I showing my age?  I would get tired of all things Christmas in my house if I did it now.  I like the pumpkins :)
  • Holy heck it is too early!  I still have my outdoor furniture on the deck and I'm growing lettuce in my veggie beds!  The mister and me decided that next weekend is "winter weatherization," but Christmas decorations do not appear until after Thanksgiving. 
  • Yes, too early.  I saw on Friday after Halloween a house with all their Christmas decorations up - huge obnoxious candy canes along the perimeter of their yard.  Outside of those people who keep their lights up year round, I think this is the earliest I've seen someone decorate. 

DD: 6-24-11

EDD: 9-20-14

• I hate Thanksgiving, so I am all about Christmas now.  I won't start decorating until the first weekend in December, but I am starting to prep my gift lists, Christmas card photo ideas and baking schedules now.  

I do agree that stores start decorating too early though.  I was in the KOP mall a couple weeks ago and Macy's was already decorated.  I think that's a little much.  
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10 
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011 

• @amberbutt81 any reason why you dislike Thanksgiving?

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Charlene Piacentini Carey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

•  I don't have a vendetta against it, but it's not my favorite holiday.  When I was a kid, it was because we celebrated with my dad's side of the family and there weren't any kids my age.  Even now, I am kind of meh about it.  I don't like gorging myself to extremes,  we don't have any great family traditions, and I usually have to work anyway.  

And since I KNOW someone is going to says something like "well how about taking time to be thankful for what you have".. I am very thankful for the life I have every day.  I realize how blessed I am, and I don't need one single day and a turkey to recognize it.  
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10 
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011 

• The gluttony is probably one of my favorite parts about Thanksgiving! And the turkey and pumpkin-everything.  We only celebrated the holidays with my immediate family growing up, so I like celebrating with J's extended family. 

I also like Thanksgiving because to me, it's the official start of the holiday season.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Super early. I'm not a Thanksgiving lover (or hater) but we are still rocking the pumpkins and fall wreath on the door and will continue to do so until after Thanksgiving. The weekend AFTER thanksgiving is when it all comes down and Christmas stuff comes out.

My little nuggets

• HOWEVER...I'm almost done Christmas shopping. But all of that is tucked away in a closet until December.

My little nuggets

• I don't like the rush of Christmas, but Christmas is absolutely my favorite time of year so I'm excited.  I just love the spirit and the mood of Christmas.

Don't get me wrong though.  I love me some Thanksgiving!  While my day-of meal is not the best, my follow up meal is pretty kick ass :)

• I usually complain about stores, etc. jumping the gun on Christmas, but I am super excited for the season this year. Probably because it will be Little B's first one. That being said, I have certain traditions that I will be sticking to, like no Christmas decorations or music until after Thanksgiving. I always hope that I can get a head start on my shopping, just so I'm not doing everything at the last minute, but that never happens.
  • I stopped to get some extra candy on Halloween and CVS already had their Christmas stuff out.  While I'm excited for Chrsitmas I will wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate.  The longer the tree is up the more I have to repeat "Don't touch that!!!" haha
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Oh I went to Target on Halloween and they had a few aisles of Christmas stuff too. They were just starting to switch over.

My little nuggets

• Amer- I am totally with you on the sentiment about Thanksgiving.  I don't need a day and a meal where everyone eats way too much and gets obnoxiously drunk off wine to be reminded that I have lots to be grateful for. (And, while I'm on that topic, I love the little ecard on FB that says something about how silly it is that those people who b****h and moan all year are usually the same ones who do that listing of a thing to be thankful for every day in November!). 

I don't like pumpkin flavored anything, I don't like pies, and I don't see my family for Thanksgiving (we do that one with my MIL and her family)...without getting into a huge list of complaints, suffice to say I am totally fine with skipping turkey day in my head and moving on to Christmas :)

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • I also have most of my shopping done, but that is just to lessen the stress and to be able to enjoy the holidays, parties, etc....  Wrapping will happen in between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We may put our lights up prior to Thanksgiving, just because it is more comfortable weather wise to be out there doing them.  However, they will not go on until the Friday after Thanksgiving at the absolute earliest!  Decorations will also go up that week end as well.