Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

TTC Check In!

2»

Re: TTC Check In!

• Mrs.Skiz said:
    Mrs.Skiz said:
    But cant help the anxiety I would have me entire pregnancy if I were due in August or September.
    What's the cause for anxiety in having a baby in August or September? 

I work for a very large school district and the bulk of my job is from August through September. Sorting though and manually processing  18,000 meal benefit forms with only 3 people is tough now as it is and they would not hire anyone else to help my immediate supervisor if I was out.

While I work to support my personal life, I am very very close with my superviosr and I would feel like I was intentionally letting her down by being out. There is too much work for only 2 people now and with me out it would be almost impossible for one person to handle. Trust me I have done it before and I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  my supervior has always gone above any beyond to help me and I just cant do that to her.

Although I can sort of understand where you're coming from here, and I admire your dedication, you never know what the pregnancy might bring once you do achieve it. Even if you put off TTC for a couple of months to avoid being on maternity leave during Aug/Sept, there is always the possibility you'd need to be on bed rest or have other complications (God willing not, but it's something to think about) that would mean you would need to be out of work for those months anyway. 

It's very thoughtful of you to want to be there to help your supervisor and do your job during that busy time, but if they choose not to bring in temporary help when you might have to be out, that's on them, not you. Don't let it deter your TTC!!
    image image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since July 2012
    BFP #1: 11/9/13; spontaneous m/c at 6w2d, 11/25/13
    BFP #2: 12/31/13. B/w 12/31: betas >1000, progesterone 13.6; B/w 1/2: betas 3065, progesterone 10.2
    B/w 1/8: betas 17,345, progesterone 25.6
    Progesterone suppositories started 1/2. Please stick, baby!!
    Fiona Elise born 9/9/14 - welcome beautiful girl!
    Badge Unicorn
  • Mrs.Skiz said:
    Mrs.Skiz said:
    But cant help the anxiety I would have me entire pregnancy if I were due in August or September.
    What's the cause for anxiety in having a baby in August or September? 

I work for a very large school district and the bulk of my job is from August through September. Sorting though and manually processing  18,000 meal benefit forms with only 3 people is tough now as it is and they would not hire anyone else to help my immediate supervisor if I was out.

While I work to support my personal life, I am very very close with my superviosr and I would feel like I was intentionally letting her down by being out. There is too much work for only 2 people now and with me out it would be almost impossible for one person to handle. Trust me I have done it before and I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.  my supervior has always gone above any beyond to help me and I just cant do that to her.

Although I can sort of understand where you're coming from here, and I admire your dedication, you never know what the pregnancy might bring once you do achieve it. Even if you put off TTC for a couple of months to avoid being on maternity leave during Aug/Sept, there is always the possibility you'd need to be on bed rest or have other complications (God willing not, but it's something to think about) that would mean you would need to be out of work for those months anyway. 

It's very thoughtful of you to want to be there to help your supervisor and do your job during that busy time, but if they choose not to bring in temporary help when you might have to be out, that's on them, not you. Don't let it deter your TTC!!

Now, if there were any kind of complications or anything like that, then I wouldnt feel bad at all because it wasnt something of my doing.

I need to take the personal out of it and thats why I am having such a hard time with it. My super would be the one screwed not anyone else in the office and unfortunatly, she wouldnt have the power to bring someone else in.We have discussed it and I know we arent going to put TTC on hold now because of that possiblity, but it still really fucks with my head.

• How many months/cycles have you been TTC? TTA

Where are you in your cycle? CD38 (post-D&C), apparently 3DPO but FF just changed that this morning from what would have been 5DPO.  Clearly everything is still wacky.

Any plans for testing? Just my weekly hCG blood work on Wednesday

Have you done anything different or plan to? Condoms!

Any goods or bads with TTC or life?

Good - My hCG dropped a good amount this week from last which is amazing because the week before was not a very significant drop.

Bad - the stomach flu is making it's way through my house, and I'm scared I'm going to get a turn.

Thoughts, questions, concerns? No

HQOTD: Have you decorated for Halloween this year? No, never.  I love fall but don't love Halloween

CBHHQ: Would you dress up with your child on Halloween? Examples? Yes if the mood is right.  Last year I dressed my son and I up like mummy's.  This year, nothing for me.

QOTD: What are some of your biggest pet peeves? People who don't acknowledge with a Thank You or hand wave when you go out of your way to hold a door, let them in to traffic, pick something up that they dropped etc.  I am that person who will say a loud 'You're welcome!" after them.  I also hate when people say "un-huh" instead of you're welcome when I thank them.  Is it really that hard!?

First date July 31, 1999    Married January 28, 2009 

TTC#1 July 2010 PCOS dx April 2011 
    DS born: February 21, 2012

TTC#2 June 2013 MMC Sept 2013 (partial molar), CP 02/2014 DS2 born: December 5, 2014