Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WIALT: The Dream Thieves (NS)

This narrator is KILLING me! I keep losing track of the story and having to re-listen because I'm distracted by his voice.
If I wasn't so invested in the characters, I'd give up.
imageimage

My Badges:
image imageimageimageimageimage imageimage image image imageimage image image imageimageimageimageimage image image                       

Re: WIALT: The Dream Thieves (NS)

• That's always awful when the narrator is bad.  I always "sample" the book first since Overdrive allows you to do that.  If I can't handle the narrator, I get the print copy.

Nicolle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I'm listening to Raven Boys right now, and I believe it's the same guy.  His voice sounds to me like a cross between Casey Kasem and Wilfred Brimley.  I alternately love it and hate it. 

I generally laugh out loud when he is doing Persephone's voice, or any of the women, really, but I like the way he voices Adam.  And it sounds like he's trying too hard with Ronan, but maybe that fits the character.  ;)
    babystinkbreath
  • If it's the same guy that narrated The Raven Boys, it took me a little while to get used to him, but I ended up loving him.  I totally agree with @SusieBW about laughing when he does Persephone's voice, but I adore how he reads for Adam and Gansey.

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

babystinkbreath
  • I loved the Raven Boys audiobook.
    Robin
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12

Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

2014 Reading Goal: 85

• j*&p*j*&p* member
    Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2013

Lauren620 said:
    If it's the same guy that narrated The Raven Boys, it took me a little while to get used to him, but I ended up loving him.  I totally agree with @SusieBW about laughing when he does Persephone's voice, but I adore how he reads for Adam and Gansey.
    This was me too: I was iffy at first, but ended up loving him, especially the way he did Ronan, Adam and Gansey's voices. Anyone else as the narrator would be weird to me now, but I get what you mean. I'm very particular about narrators and usually try to preview the voice before I start to make sure its something I can deal with. 
    image image
  • Why does neither of my library carry this? It's irking me.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• SnShne322 said:
    Why does neither of my library carry this? It's irking me.
    @SnShne322 Do you have a kindle? I can loan you The Raven Boys.
    imageimage

My Badges:
    image imageimageimageimageimage imageimage image image imageimage image image imageimageimageimageimage image image                       

• SnShne322 said:
    Why does neither of my library carry this? It's irking me.
    @SnShne322 Do you have a kindle? I can loan you The Raven Boys.
    Sorry, @nocturnalintimacy I meant the audio.  Or is that on the kindle now too?
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012