Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Motivational Monday!

What do you plan to accomplish this week? 

How are you going to do it? 

image image
          Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Motivational Monday!

• I think I'm going to rejoin the Y.  They have Zumba and yoga classes that I want to try.

I'm getting paid on Thursday so I'm going to wait until then and sign up.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• I have to find time to clean up my desk since I'm on vacation next week.  When I get back I will be in a new office WITHOUT partitions.  I'm so nervous that it's going to put a damper on my NBC time.
    116 books in 2016

my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wes: 10/8/2012

• I joined the Y yesterday and went swimming early this morning before work!  My goal is to go back at least three more times this week.
    image image image
    RevJenThisModernLoveJen748
  • I joined the Y yesterday and went swimming early this morning before work!  My goal is to go back at least three more times this week.
    You inspired me to take another look at the Y.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• RevJen said:
    I joined the Y yesterday and went swimming early this morning before work!  My goal is to go back at least three more times this week.
    You inspired me to take another look at the Y.
    Yay!  I'm already in love with all the classes and programs they have.  Although I do have to say that after this morning, I think it's going to be worth an extra half hour of sleep to have enough time to shower at home instead of in the locker room.
    image image image
  • This week I need to clean up my craft room. I need to talk to the state also this week.

I will just have to take one part at a time until it is done. I will have to start tomorrow though since the internet guy is coming today.
    Anniversary
  • This week is all about the packing, exercising and eating better.
    I will pack while Alex naps, make sure we walk everyday and not buy anymore junk food. I have been ravenous lately but that doesn't mean I have to eat junk.
  • I have a big goal this week. According to my running plan, I am supposed to run 2 miles without stopping by Saturday! I am super nervous as it has been over a year since I have run any distance at all. 

photo Dane_0009_zpsff463529.jpg
    packfan20
  • I'm going to go to the gym 4 times this week. I already went today before work, so 3 more to go. I'm also working on my goal of drinking enough water everyday.

my read shelf:
    Jenn's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • SnShne322 said:
    I have to find time to clean up my desk since I'm on vacation next week.  When I get back I will be in a new office WITHOUT partitions.  I'm so nervous that it's going to put a damper on my NBC time.
    I had this problem when they moved my office.  My monitor went from facing the back wall to facing the door.  Seriously, don't they know NBCing gets us through our work day??
    Books read in 2009: 112
    Books read in 2010: 153
    Books read in 2011: 160
    Books read in 2012: 134
    Books read in 2013: 110
    Books read in 2014: 151
    Books read in 2015: 153
    Books read in 2016: 31

Leah (packfan20)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Lilypie - (Bh7p)

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/1zWJm6.png
    <a href="//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/" style="height: 20px; width: 40px; position: absolute; opacity: 0.85; z-index: 8675309; display: none; cursor: pointer; border: medi
  • I'm going to successfully feed my family from our meal plan as I go back to work this week.

I made some things ahead of time, so I need to do it a couple more times this week and dinners should be easier with two needy kids.

I plan also to work out twice this week to get back into it. I'm going to go early to work one day and do something over the weekend too.
    image image
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I plan to go to get through chapter 10 of revisions, go back to the doctor for this sinus infection that will not die, and cook dinner every night.

To do this I'm going to head to my writers' meeting a few hours early and sit at B&N to do revisions. I seem to get so much more done when I'm not at home. I've already made an appt with the doctor for tomorrow. I've made a meal plan for Tues-Fri night dinners.
    I write sexy books. I read all the books. I love dresses & macarons.

image image image 
    image image image
  • @skeezon I will be right over for dinner. Your dinners > my peanut butter pretzel dinner

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Sweet babies, you are so very loved.
    Jack 11/29/2009 and Brynne 7/11/2013
  • I'm going to successfully feed my family from our meal plan as I go back to work this week. I made some things ahead of time, so I need to do it a couple more times this week and dinners should be easier with two needy kids. I plan also to work out twice this week to get back into it. I'm going to go early to work one day and do something over the weekend too.
    Good luck as you get back into the groove of working again. Are you feeling ready or dreading it? I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you.  I think I might need to get better at meal planning too. Are you using one of those monthly meal planner websites for suggestions? We always make the same 10 or 15 things. 
    image image
  • I've already finished one of my weekly goals. I wanted to get Under the Dome finished and I finished it right before dinner! B was content to play by himself in his room while I sat on the floor with him and finished the last 20 pages!

I have 2 on-going goals... at least 1 new dinner recipe a week and go walking at least 5 times a week.

My additional goal for this week is to clean the entire upstairs in preparation for DH's birthday dinner in 2 weeks (DH's whole family stays overnight, and my SILs stay at our house for 2 nights). This not only includes cleaning, but also rearranging the guest room to put down the new rug. All with a very active 7 month old who doesn't nap :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary 

Books Read in 2014: 10 
  • I'm going to get a ton of work done for a paper and a project I have due Monday. I plan to do this by starting tomorrow morning and working on it Thursday morning as well.

I will not wait until the weekend to do it all. I will not procrastinate. I will read this weekend, not do school work. /repeat