Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Returning Produce

Have you ever? I never have, but I will today. I bought a red pepper yesterday, just cut it open and it's all sorts of moldy inside- gross. I need one for dinner tonight so I'm taking that sucker back and demanding another one.

Re: Returning Produce

• I never have, but have wanted to before!
  • I've returned a fruit bowl thing from Acme before. The bottom layer was full of mold. It wasn't even past the well date either.
    A: 10.02.03    M: 01.28.11
  • I never have but have wanted to or learned my lesson never to again. Usually I havent because I've been too lazy to go and do it. One time I went to Aldi and got a nice watermelon. I went to cut it the next day on my counter and as soon as I cut it about a gallon of watermelon juice spilled all over the counter, the floor and everywhere. Somehow the insides turned into mush and it was all liquid. I have never gone to Aldi again since then. That was fun to clean up. 

BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 
    BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
  • I haven't but I should have twice. Once I bought a box of clementines from Zingos and they were all moldy on the bottoms. I couldn't save any of them. The other time I bought some lettuce from BJs and the whole bag was just disgusting. I just threw it away.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have, but it's the produce stand and we're been going there since I was really little.  We just say something wasn't too good and they will give us a free one.  Usually it's cantaloupes.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nope.  I never really thought I could.  Will they give you money back or just exchange?
  • I took the pepper in a baggie- said "I bought this yesterday, sliced into it, and it's super moldy." She told me to go get another one and then gave me a ShopRite bag on the way out so it didn't look stolen. Super easy. No receipt, no big deal.

janma529
  • Glad to know this can be done...there have been many times that I have wanted to return produce, but haven't.  Glad it was hassle free for you!
    Met 6.12.09 Engaged 09.29.10 I Do 10.22.11 
    BFP #1 8.19.12 Ectopic 8.29.12
    BFP #2 1.14.13 DS 10.6.13 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 3e4e397b-bd1a-4854-a3fc-944df770c8e5_zps809b131e.jpg