Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Got Sleep?

Apparently I haven't gotten enough. Here is the voice message I just left someone..

"Hi Steph, it's Kathy...um..no,...Hi Kathy, it's Steph..."

Re: Got Sleep?

• Bahaha! Hopefully you get some sleep tonight, or at least a couple consecutive hours!
    A: 10.02.03    M: 01.28.11
  • I think I've done something similar and I can't even blame lack of sleep. ;)
    How is C doing through the night?

• Guilty of the same. Have the permanent bags to prove it too. Sending you restful thoughts.
    [IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/mzovoce/s628552874_122950_682.jpg[/IMG]
  • I just did that when I called my boss back, and I can't even blame the lack of sleep on my kid last night. No, I woke up at 1 a.m. in wicked pain because I'm awesome & managed to remove the first layer of my cornea somehow. (There are five, did you know? I didn't until today!)

Hope you get some good rest tonight!
  • phanatic said:

I just did that when I called my boss back, and I can't even blame the lack of sleep on my kid last night. No, I woke up at 1 a.m. in wicked pain because I'm awesome & managed to remove the first layer of my cornea somehow. (There are five, did you know? I didn't until today!)

Hope you get some good rest tonight!

How did you remove a layer of your cornea?? Ouch!

• The doc said something must have gotten on my contact & that it looks chemical, because it's in the shape of a finger print.

I put my contacts in yesterday & right after I dropped DS at the bus stop, the right one went fuzzy, so I took them out. My eye was fuzzy all day, but I figured it was just allergies. And then I woke up in pain. Apparently blinking or rubbing my eyes in my sleep took it off.

Not even joking, it's worse than childbirth and brain surgery. I got an antibiotic/steroid drop.
  • phanatic said:
    The doc said something must have gotten on my contact & that it looks chemical, because it's in the shape of a finger print. I put my contacts in yesterday & right after I dropped DS at the bus stop, the right one went fuzzy, so I took them out. My eye was fuzzy all day, but I figured it was just allergies. And then I woke up in pain. Apparently blinking or rubbing my eyes in my sleep took it off. Not even joking, it's worse than childbirth and brain surgery. I got an antibiotic/steroid drop.
    This sounds awful! I am so so sorry. This is a stupid question but will it grow back or something?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @phanatic ; I do NOT do eye things...I would probably rather die than have a cornea problem

janma529
  • @klm42404 She's doing okay. Right now she's sleeping IN my bed, but I have to sacrifice something if I'm going to sleep at all. Last night was rough bc she was super congested, but most nights she'll sleep 1030-630 with 1 or 2 wake ups- but usually when she wakes I just roll over, put a boob in her, and go back to sleep.

• @phanatic ; I do NOT do eye things...I would probably rather die than have a cornea problem
    Same here!  I can't even administer my own eye drops.  I had gotten pinkeye when I was student teaching and H (then bf) had to help me.  It was awful.

I hope you can get some rest this weekend, @queensteph17
  • amcourt09 said:

This sounds awful! I am so so sorry. This is a stupid question but will it grow back or something?

Yes. I had no idea, but apparently corneas heal incredibly fast.

@queensteph17, I don't either! The worst I've ever had before was pinkeye. My H has eye issues & said this morning that he would never wish this on his worst enemy. I hope your LO feels better soon!

@janma529 I can only do my own drops because of wearing contacts.
  • Luckily eyes don't creep my out. DH is totally grossed that I have to do an eye drop AND ointment in my eye 4x a day.