Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Big kid bed

LanddoLanddo member
Ancient Membership 10 Comments Combo Breaker
edited August 2013 in Philadelphia Nesties
Looking to buy E a twin bed.  Has anyone bought any kids furniture recently and really like what they got?  Looking for a simple white bed, solid wood, twin.  Something in this neck of the woods:
Catalina Bed

That is from Pottery Barn Kids.  If I see nothing else, I might buy that, but if I can find something a little cheaper, I would go with that.

Thinking of checking out Ashley, Mealeys, and Raymour and Flanigan this weekend. Wasn't sure if it was worth going back to a place like Superbabymart.  
Emma 5.13.10
The nestie formerly known as LandD052006 :*-( 

Re: Big kid bed

• erbur78erbur78 member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2013
    How about American Signature Furniture? They have some cute twin beds with trundles below for storage.  Also, Ikea is good, especially if you think you will use the bed only for a few years until she's mid-way through elementary school (gasp!). 

Oops, I just read the "solid wood" part..you won't find that at Ikea. 
  • I may check out american signature, I forget about them.  

I looked at Ikea, but then we decided, might as well buy a nice one that will last her until she either moves out or the very least we move and bigger than a twin would fit in her room.  
    Emma 5.13.10
    The nestie formerly known as LandD052006 :*-( 
  • I haven't bought from there myself, but my sister has but Gamburg's in Hatboro is said to have nice stuff.  I know that's not exactly local to you, but you never know.  And I think they're having a sale this weekend.

• My parents bought my bedroom set by Bassett furniture 30 years ago from Normans in South Philly. I know a lot of ladies on this board have had a positive experience with them for baby furniture. The set is still in beautiful shape. If DS was a girl, I was going to use the dressers in the nursery and then eventually add the bed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I always like to checkout Craigslist but I know not everyone is comfortable buying second hand. You can get really great deals though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NewQueen said:
    I always like to checkout Craigslist but I know not everyone is comfortable buying second hand. You can get really great deals though.
    I've bought a majority of our furniture from craigslist. Good luck!
  • NewQueen said:
    I always like to checkout Craigslist but I know not everyone is comfortable buying second hand. You can get really great deals though.
    Ditto!  And the Facebook yard sale boards that you can find locally are even better, and less creepy than CL!

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD