January 2012 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Thankful Thursday

Not sure how long it's been since you guys have done one since I was MIA for a while but I need this this week.  I know it's really Wednesday night, but I probably won't be back on until tomorrow night. 

I'm thankful that this is my last semester.  It's only the second week and my head is spinning.  I've got group work in all of my classes which take such an extraordinary amount of time on top of classes and homework.  It doesn't help that this is my last semester.  I'm already counting down each week.  :)  But even with the headaches, I'm so thankful that I've had the opportunity to get my degree even if I will be paying it off for what feels like forever.

I'm thankful for my husband and his job that allow me to stay at home with my daughter.  She is definitely my heart and time is going so quickly. 

I'm thankful for this group.  While we all might take breaks due to life, it's so great to be able to come back and know that there is so much support for each other.  Honesty and support. 
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thankful Thursday

• I agree. I am very thankful for this board. You guys have never excluded me or judge me like other people have...just because I chose to get married at 20. It really does mean a lot to have support even if it's the online version = )

I am thankful for a wonderful boss that spent a good chunk of time rearrange our schedule so I can have two days off and be there for T and his family at the visitation and the service.

I am incredibly thankful for such a wonderful family, extended family and in laws. I am beyond blessed with so many wonderful and supportive people around me. T's uncle passing away so suddenly made me realize that I forget about this sometimes.

Finally, I am so thankful that I will finally be able to return to school...after a 2.5 year break. It's been a long and tough road...but I'm ready!

01.21.2012---> I married a redhead I'm crazy about.

04.2016: IT'S A BOY! Elias Alan is due!

WDW trips: 05/14 (1st trip! Art of Animation; Little Mermaid), 05/15 (Pop Century!). DL Trips: 12/15

• I am thankful that there are only 25 days left until the cruise.... <:-P
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    shellyamf
  • I 3rd being thankful for this board. You guys are great to talk to.

I am thankful for my husband working and wanting me to be a stay at home mom. I am still adjusting, but I do love being the one who is with my baby girl.

I am thankful for my husband's family. They are wonderful and make me feel like I've always been a part of the family.

I am thankful for the smiles Abby flashes me. They make me feel better in an instant.

Daisypath - (aAP5)image image Lilypie - (ox0D)

• I 4th being thankful for this board. I feel like you gals and guy are the people that I can tell anything to. 

I am also thankful to have parents that are willing to put up with us rent free while we look for a house. 

I am thankful that J has a good job, and I have a job that is at least a great place to work. 
    photo sig_zps7d54b52d.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I am thankful I have today off! It has been 16 days since my last full day off.
  • @aleigha85 wow! That is something to be thankful for! I hope you enjoyed it.

Daisypath - (aAP5)image image Lilypie - (ox0D)

• It's friday but I'm still going to post :)

- I'm thankful for my husband who is supporting me through my last year of grad school.

- I'm thankful for my parents who are supportive and encouraging me to move 2 states away in 9 months. Although leaving the state was NEVER in my plan for the future, it helps knowing that they agree that this is the best thing for Jared and my future

- I agree with the rest of you. I'm thankful for this board. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Jean - that's awesome that your parents are so supportive. I know when I was first moving just one state away my mom was not happy. I'm not sure how much of it was due to moving to another state and how much was because she thought my relationship was moving too quickly. Lol well now that we are married and moving to a different state my family is completely supportive but Paul's isn't. Even his sister who lives in California is giving him such a hard time. I feel bad for him.
  • Jean - that's awesome that your parents are so supportive. I know when I was first moving just one state away my mom was not happy. I'm not sure how much of it was due to moving to another state and how much was because she thought my relationship was moving too quickly. Lol well now that we are married and moving to a different state my family is completely supportive but Paul's isn't. Even his sister who lives in California is giving him such a hard time. I feel bad for him.
    Aww, not having family support is tough. Jared's mom keeps trying to get me to "promise that I won't let us live there for more than a year or two". It's tough. Because it's not like his parents are the most supportive people out there in general, even without considering the moving. I think she's more concerned because she knows that us having kids could be coming up soon. I'm sure once we have kids two states away, my mom will be singing a different tune haha. I think she's hoping we're only there for a few years and transfer back down to California. 

But it's nice having my support making the move up :) 

How is Paul reacting to his parents not supporting the move?

• Be ready for..."maybe you should come home." Our families were very supportive of our move.  but anytime I talk about how things suck or how I miss people, they always say "when are you coming home" or somthing like that. I just smile and say someday. :)

• Be ready for..."maybe you should come home." Our families were very supportive of our move.  but anytime I talk about how things suck or how I miss people, they always say "when are you coming home" or somthing like that. I just smile and say someday. :)
    I'm all ready for that haha. My dad is 100% supportive because as he says, it's a job opportunity that Jared just couldn't pass up. My mom is supportive, but I know it'll change after a year of us being gone haha. And the "someday" answer is what I give my MIL when she asks about kids >.< haha we're practiced

• shellyamfshellyamf member
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    Jean9ds said:
    Jean - that's awesome that your parents are so supportive. I know when I was first moving just one state away my mom was not happy. I'm not sure how much of it was due to moving to another state and how much was because she thought my relationship was moving too quickly. Lol well now that we are married and moving to a different state my family is completely supportive but Paul's isn't. Even his sister who lives in California is giving him such a hard time. I feel bad for him.
    . Aww, not having family support is tough. Jared's mom keeps trying to get me to "promise that I won't let us live there for more than a year or two". It's tough. Because it's not like his parents are the most supportive people out there in general, even without considering the moving. I think she's more concerned because she knows that us having kids could be coming up soon. I'm sure once we have kids two states away, my mom will be singing a different tune haha. I think she's hoping we're only there for a few years and transfer back down to California. 

But it's nice having my support making the move up :) 

How is Paul reacting to his parents not supporting the move?

He is doing okay. He expected support from his sister in California. I know it's bugging him though. His dad never goes to California and he pretty much told Paul he won't be coming to Denver.