Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Philly Couples?

Hi Nesties! My husband and I both moved to Philly for our jobs. Unfortunately, most of the people that work for our companies are a lot older than us.  We're having a hard time meeting other couples/people our age to hang out with.  We aren't really into going to bars and it seems like the friends we have that are our age are unmarried and still bar flies.  Other than PSSC, does anyone know of a good way to meet some couples and make some friends?

Thanks!! :)

Re: Philly Couples?

• erbur78erbur78 member
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2013
    Volunteering has always opened me to new friends--if you are a supporter of animal welfare, there are many rescues/shelters (ACCT, PAWS, Morris Animal Refuge) that are always in need of good people! 

I'm also a member of our local crossfit gym and have found that the people involved in the CF community are incredibly nice and friendly.  You could also join a local running club as I know they are looking for ALL levels of runners (from speed demons to wanderers).

Just because you are married, doesn't mean you have to stop going to bars. :)  My husband and I are beer geeks and have met people at brewery tours or special (mid-day weekend events). 

If you can be more specific with your location, I'm sure we can help out more. 
  • meetup.com is also a good way to meet new people.
  • I feel your pain!  We have always lived in the area, but most of our friends are married with kids and no babysitters.  If you figure out a way to meet normal people, do share !

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Charlene Piacentini Carey's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)