Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cleaning wood floors

I just got hard wood floors put down and I need help with the constant dust on the floor! I have 2 dogs so their hair is very visible on the floor....what do you use to dust/clean wood floors besides a traditional broom?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cleaning wood floors

• I have a cat and I use those dry swiffer sheets all the time, it does the trick with the pet hair and dust!

Hardwood floors are great, I think for my allergies it's way better than carpet. Although, they can get dirty and depending on the color of your wood floors you might be able to see every single piece of dust and hair... But I def think that the swiffer dry sheets work wonders! 

Be sure to follow The Nest on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!
  • We have hardwood throughout our house. My MIL bought us a Bona and it is a lifesaver. Much larger than the Swiffer, and when you're done, you just throw the reusable cloth/pad in the washer and dryer. They have both a dry cloth for the dust and hair, and a wet mop version which is also super easy and great.
    Anniversary Birthday