Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Hosting Bachelor Finale Party: Help!

So to make a long story, I discovered this week that a group of women in a community organization I belong to watch the Bachelor as well.  We decided to have a watch party for the Finale on Monday and I'm helping with the planning. 

Problem is that I am absolutely not creative at all for thinking of fun food and drinks to go with the gathering.  Any ideas??

Re: Hosting Bachelor Finale Party: Help!

• You have to serve champagne...and have a small rose centerpiece.  Other than that, I'd just keep it classy.
  • I'm hosting Bachelor Finale Party too!  I'm really excited about it.  Here is what I am thinking of doing:

One of the women is going to bring some sort of puff pastry appetizer. ...  I don't know how to make it, but it sounds really, really, yummy!  If you want some appetizer ideas, I LOVE this blog.  http://goodthingscatered.blogspot.com/search/label/appetizers

For dinner I am thinking of keeping it simple.  I will do one of the following options:

-taco bar. I'll just keep the meat warm, and cut up everything ahead of time.  That way people can take what they like, and don't have to pick out what they don't like.

-Pasta salad with veggies and chicken with glaze.  For the glaze it is a jar of marmalade or apricot preserves, a packet of liption onion soup and some french dressing (not an exact science).  Everyone who tries this, loves it.  It is also pretty cheap! 

-I'm still thinking of other easy ideas. 

Hope this helps!  Have fun!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're having a Bachelor Finale party too.
    We're having hot dogs, and each girl is brining a condiment. (in honor of Jillian's hot dog theory).

We're all wearing side pony tails and tank tops with scarfs. Definately Champagne and roses and candles everywhere.

• a little late, but the favor should have been douches.  yw(not)ia.
    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!