Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Making train cookies as a party favor....

I'm considering making train shaped cookies as a favor for my son's 3rd birthday party (thomas theme).  What I am picturing is the big, cookies, iced and pretty in a bag.  BUT, I never made them before- any tips would be greatly appreciated.  I found a great website by a woman known as cookie mamma and her icing looked shiny- so cool.  Once again, I have no idea how she did it!

Thanks in advance!

Cathy

Re: Making train cookies as a party favor....

• My fav. sugar cookie recipe is the one on the inside of the Crisco stick package.  It's flavored with syrup, and they are so delish!  To make that shiny icing, make royale icing from a recipe.  Martha Stewart has one.  I've made the icing before, but I did not have as pretty results.  GL!  I bet the other girls on here have some good tips.  That will be a cute gift with the theme!
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/21mxlbp.jpg[/IMG]
  • If at all possible, I would recommend trying out the entire recipe, icing and fully decorated, before you start the favors.  Remember the 3-year olds won't care if they're not perfect!  GL and I'd love to see the results.
  • I cut out thinly-rolled marshmallow fondant using the same cookie cutter that I used to cut out the cookie dough. Then I put the fondant immediately over each cookie and place the tray back in the oven for 30 seconds, then take out and let them cool. Then I ice any details with royal icing.

Are you serious???