Phoenix Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good morning AZ girls....Anyone out there?

Just checking in and trying to get this board a little more active.

How is everyone's Sunday going? Got any big plans for this week?

We've just been lounging around and soaking up this gorgeous weather. Steaks, potatoes and corn on the cob will be on the BBQ this evening. I'm off to take DS to a birthday party later this morning and this week I'm hoping to spoil myself rotten...Haircut and color on Tuesday, Mani/Pedi on Thursday and a massage on Friday. Can you tell it's my birthday week! ;)

Oh and DH and I start the couch-to-5k running program tomorrow. Wish us luck...we're both chubby and wimpy.

Re: Good morning AZ girls....Anyone out there?

• Sounds like a fun week!  Nothing exciting here.  Just school.  Where can I find info on the running program?  I would like to start that too.
  • Hi! The running program is listed on coolrunning.com . We've been wanting to be more active for awhile and with a gym membership out of the question, this seems like a do-able plan for the time being. Good luck! Let me know if you do decide to give it a go. It would be nice to have someone to compare notes with.

I've been meaning to ask you how you chose your screen name? I was once a skater and was wondering if you were too.

• Good morning.  My work just opened up fitness facilities for employees.  I am stoked.  My plan this week is to get back in the groove.  Since my DH and I moved, I have had no access to a gym. Other than that I don't have a darn thing going on this week, which is nice for a change...except my 12hr/5day a week job of course:)!

Good luck with your running program!

• I was incredibly tired this morning!  Yesterday DH and I went to the arboretum with our puppy and some friends.  We walked for almost 2 hours!  Then we were up late babysitting our niece so this morning neither of us wanted to get up.  We usually go to church on Sundays but just couldn't manage this morning. 

We will probably take our puppy to a dog park sometime this week for the first time.  I can't wait to let her run around and meet other dogs besides my in-laws poodles that hate her!

• Nice! It sounds like you have an exciting week ahead! Much like everyone else, nothing too exciting on our end. I am still living in Illinois (boo!) but we do need to get a head start on packing for a move back to Arizona in May so we may slowly start doing that this week. I work my 9-5 M-F and am slowly in the process of doing my taxes for the first time ever. So, nothing too exciting here! It is cold and boring in Chicago. I miss Arizona dearly!! And my warm winters of 55-80 degrees!
  • Yup, I was a figure skater!  I miss it so much.
  • We did not do a whole lot this weekend. We took the baby to get his pictures taken and then had dinner at home. We're braving a snowstorm now (ugh).  I can not wait to get out west!!! No more snow!
    <a target="_blank" href="http://crazymomadventures.blogspot.com">Adventures of a Mom</a>

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/jvivace98/Summer2011009-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Where is time going??
  • imagecnj050607:
    We did not do a whole lot this weekend. We took the baby to get his pictures taken and then had dinner at home. We're braving a snowstorm now (ugh).  I can not wait to get out west!!! No more snow!

Ditto! I am an AZ native and just moved to Chicago in August... it is miserable! These winters are just insane! Seriously, why people choose to live in this is a question I have asked myself every day, literally! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I will soon be in my beloved AZ! I miss the heat so much! I can stand 3 months of heat for 9 months of beautiful weather especially when you can just hop in the pool... but I can't do 6 months of freezing/cold (my cold is different from most because I'm an AZ native) and 3 months humid heat and 2 months semi-okay weather for 1 month of decent weather. It is nuts! And Chicago is just... yuck... I won't even go into it. lol

• Hi ladies!  We had a packed weekend- Friday afternoon I got my hair done, then went out with my girlfriends for a birthday.  Saturday we spent the day at the Chandler Car Show, then went to the Mesa cruise night.  Today we took a ton of stuff to the dump, then I picked all of the weeds while DH worked on another truck.  It was a crazy fun weekend, but I'm exhausted!! 

As for the week coming up, I start a new position at work tomorrow, so I'll be training all week.  Hope everyone has a great week!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagev.lovely:

imagecnj050607:
    We did not do a whole lot this weekend. We took the baby to get his pictures taken and then had dinner at home. We're braving a snowstorm now (ugh).  I can not wait to get out west!!! No more snow!

Ditto! I am an AZ native and just moved to Chicago in August... it is miserable! These winters are just insane! Seriously, why people choose to live in this is a question I have asked myself every day, literally! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I will soon be in my beloved AZ! I miss the heat so much! I can stand 3 months of heat for 9 months of beautiful weather especially when you can just hop in the pool... but I can't do 6 months of freezing/cold (my cold is different from most because I'm an AZ native) and 3 months humid heat and 2 months semi-okay weather for 1 month of decent weather. It is nuts! And Chicago is just... yuck... I won't even go into it. lol

Im glad someone can feel my pain. I was born and raised here in New England, but man oh man...  it is HORRIBLE.  Everyone always said i should have been born in the south.  The winters here suck! We have about 6 months of cold, or really cold. 2 months of "hot" (i use that term lightly) and then the rest are Eh, OK and unpredictable... 

<a target="_blank" href="http://crazymomadventures.blogspot.com">Adventures of a Mom</a>

[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/jvivace98/Summer2011009-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Where is time going??
  • CNJ, I do feel your pain, The high today was like 25 and it snowed a lot! Oh well, we will be in the warmth soon!!! Can't wait!