Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cupcakes and Cocktails bridal shower?

I'm thinking of doing this for my soon to be SIL's shower. It will be a small group of ladies, ranging in age from 20-70. I was thinking to have it at 2pm. Have the cupcakes and cocktails (or mini cupcakes and mini cocktails?), light appetizers (maybe 4-5 selections), and coffee/tea.

Do you think that would be okay? Any ideas?

Re: Cupcakes and Cocktails bridal shower?

• If the shower is at 2pm, I would do the mini cocktails/cupcakes. I am not a drinker, so 2 pm seems strange. But if you know your group, then do what fits best. It is a super cute idea.
  • Super cute idea but I would have it at 7pm.
  • Super cute! At my friend's shower we had champagne cocktails. It was afternoon and we had a great time.
  • image southmeetsnorth:

I'm thinking of doing this for my soon to be SIL's shower. It will be a small group of ladies, ranging in age from 20-70. I was thinking to have it at 2pm. Have the cupcakes and cocktails (or mini cupcakes and mini cocktails?), light appetizers (maybe 4-5 selections), and coffee/tea.

Do you think that would be okay? Any ideas?

I am the first to tout "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" lol.

I think cocktails at 2 are fine as long as you have some apps with bread and protein. 

Sugary cupcakes plus sugary cocktails could put some in a figurative coma. 

• What a cute idea!  I think that 2 pm is just fine, especially since you say that there will be older people attending.  It would be a shame if they didn't attend because they didn't want to drive in the dark.

As far as the food and drinks goes, sounds like you are going to have a good selection for people to choose from. 

Have fun! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My bridal shower was like this...  we had a couple different tea type sandwhiches and a huge desert buffet.  For drinks we had coffee and tea, pop, water and a champagne fountain.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love the idea. ?My bridal shower was dessert-only and champagne punch, and it was soooo good!!! :) ?It was in the afternoon, but I'm not sure about the time....I think it was at 3pm.
  • Cocktail parties are generally in the early evening so I wouldn't call it a "cupcakes and cocktails" party unless it was after 5pm. 

Nothing wrong with a "cupcakes and champagne" theme though - that would certainly work for 2pm!

Everything else sounds fab.