Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

c25k training?

where can i find the training program?? i googled it and you have to pay?? i know you guys do it i was wondering where you found it ..TIA
TTC Since Aug 09 Dx: Severe MFI Failed b2b IUI's IVF /ICSI#1 Jan'11: ER 1/15: 12R /10Mature/ 8F/ 2Snowbabies ET 1/20 : 5dt of 2: Beta 1/31: BFN FET #1 Feb/March '11:Transferred 1 hatching blast Beta 3/7 414!!! BFP!

Re: c25k training?

• Sorry to bust in......

If I follow this program on my treadmill, what speed you suggest?  Between 3 and 4???

• Do whatever speed is comfortable to you. A 3 or 4 is walking for me, but maybe not others.?
  • I'm on week 4 of C25K - this is my second time through (I almost finished last time I tried, but for some reason I can't remember why i stopped around week 7 or 8 of the program). I am very short - 4'11" - and have pretty short legs. I was running around 4.8-5.0 mph, walking around 3.3-3.5 mph. I felt like 5.0 was a little too much - getting way too red in the face, too much heavy breathing, etc. so this time around I'm running at 4.5 mph. It's pretty slow for most people, but I find it's a good pace for me. I would just play around with your running speed and find something that is comfortable for you.
    Vacation Vacation image
    Our two girls - Chenoa and Maddie
  • I am a super slow runner, so I walk at 3.0mph and jog at 4.0mph.  I'm on week 4, and once I finish the program, I will work on speeding up.  For now, don't worry about how slow you have to jog--just focus on doing it!  Good luck!