Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Real Estate Agent question, is he just not that into us?

My DH and I are looking for a house and currently have a REA (real estate agent). My Dh and I have been looking on the websites and sending our agent the houses that we want to see since we know the schools and area that we are looking for. We are starting to get the feeling that we are "bothering" him by emailing him these houses. It almost seems as if we are wasting his time, he just has this weird attitude when we meet with him. This is supposed to be an exciting time and he just can't help but seem disinterested most times.

My DH and I thought that we were going to be lucky in this housing market but it turns out that since we are offering a contigent offer no one wants to accept which also means that short sales are untouchable for us. My Dh and I have decided not to contact our agent anymore and see what he sends us, we just hope we dont miss out on something.

My question after all this rambling is, should you be able to email your REA agent houses you want to look at or are you supposed to sit back and let them do all the work?

Re: Real Estate Agent question, is he just not that into us?

• our REA sent us lots of houses and i know my DH sent him some ones we wanted to go look at.  i think its fine.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • I'd want the agent to feel comfortable working with us...we love scoping houses out online. I'd find an agent that encourages that if it were me. Probably best to have an upfront talk with him first...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I would probably find a new agent. We started out with one that would only send us houses she was the listing agent for and we just didn't feel like we clicked with her. We found her through BECU so we just let them know why it wasn't working and moved on to someone else. It's proabably the biggest purchase you will ever make so the agent should be a good match for you.
  • I'd definitely move on and find a different agent. Buying a house is such an important decision you want someone who you click with and can help you. I know that we sent our REA lots of houses and he glady took us to every single one of those. I really liked our person, he was awesome.
  • This is an exciting time for you! And a great time to buy.  You said that you are making a contingent offer (which is a bit more difficult in todays market), does your REA currently have your home listed? 

I have got to do a little self promotion. I am a real estate agent and a felow nestie. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your current realtor. My motto is Expect More Get More and that is truly what I give to all my clients. I respect your time and that is why you will get nothing less than the one-on-one attention you deserve. I love my clients because they are all very loyal, so I would recommend discussing your issues with your current realtor.  Not sure what area you are looking in, but I sell real estate on the Greater Eastside and Seattle. If you decide to interview other agents, I am featured on this website. Just to the right under "find the best stores & services in your area" you will find all my contact information

-Galya Kirstine  

• I too am an agent but deal in Thurston county. You need to move on and find another agent. I can't even imagine being annoyed with clients sending me listings that they would like to see. That agent should be sending you new listings that fit your wants & needs on a daily or weekly basis. There are a ton of great agents in your area and I would recommend checking around with friends and family to get a referral.

Good luck! Right now is a fabulous time to buy a house. Rates are still historically low and there is a ton of inventory to pick from at great prices.

• image jamiek32:

I too am an agent but deal in Thurston county. You need to move on and find another agent. I can't even imagine being annoyed with clients sending me listings that they would like to see. That agent should be sending you new listings that fit your wants & needs on a daily or weekly basis. There are a ton of great agents in your area and I would recommend checking around with friends and family to get a referral.

Good luck! Right now is a fabulous time to buy a house. Rates are still historically low and there is a ton of inventory to pick from at great prices.

Jamiek32,

Send me your contact information.  If I have a referral in Thurston County, I will send it your way!

• Sounds good, I will do likewise! Shoot me an email to

jamiek32 at hotmail.com and I will send you my info.