Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How far in advance to dip cookies and pretzels in choc?

I need a tray of cookies and pretzels dipped in chocolate. I plan on "half dipping" them all so one side is plan cookie, the other half coated in chocolate.

I am worried about the cookies getting soggy if I dip too soon. If the party is on a Sunday, will I be OK to dip them all on the Wednesday before?

I assume the pretzels would be OK because they are so hard, but I am worried about dipping Oreos, sugar wafers, and Sandie's too early.

Any thoughts?

Re: How far in advance to dip cookies and pretzels in choc?

• I haven't done this before, but you can do a test run a few days in advance. I always test my recipes (if they are new) to make sure they are yummy and will last. They sound delicious!
  • If you're using hard dark chocolate dipping sauce it should harden and stay that way rather than make what you're dipping turn soggy.  But just to be on the safe side if you're getting it together for Sunday, I'd do it on Friday at the earliest.
  • You should post this question on the What's Cooking board. The girls over there are so awesome, and they will have an answer.