Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Random Wedding Question

Ok ladies I have a random question and I am hoping you will be able to help me out. My BIL (DH's brother) is getting married in June. Will I be in the family pictures with DH's family and the groom before the wedding? Or will I just be in the family pictures after the wedding with the couple? For some reason this question came to my mind when we were discussing the wedding and now I am freaking out about having to be ready for the wedding a couple hours in advance. TIA!

Re: Random Wedding Question

• Well Steph Carson did ours and she's not all about posed shots and neither were we.  We did family shots after the wedding in front of the church.  I think we have shots with just our siblings and some with everybody, spouses, neices & nephews (although Dave's sisters didn't have their babies in any photos- their loss), etc.  We don't have many posed or formal family shots but I know that some photographers take a ton of evey possible combo you can immagine. I have some on Facebook.  Are you Cara S. K.?  If so I'll hit you up so you know who I am!
    Visit The Nest!baby development PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • We had sibling spouses in our individual pictures before the wedding as well as in the extended family pics after the ceremony.  You'd probably have to ask what the bride and groom want.
    image image
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We did all of our pictures before the wedding.  So, I guess it just depends on what the bride and groom decide to do.  My in-laws were in the family pictures that took place about an hour or so before the ceremony. 
  • I think it does depend on what the bride/groom want.  We wanted the majority of pictures beforehand so all of our family photos were then.  I think we had parents, siblings, etc. come about 1 1/2 hours before the ceremony.