Cincinnati Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mineral makeup?

I need to get all new makeup- but I hate wearing a "wet" foundation. ?I dont like the heaviness and greasiness of them. ?I would like to try a mineral powder foundation type- that has good coverage (I have some acne scars on my chin). ?Have you tried any brands you like? ?Where did you buy them, and could they try them out on you before you buy?

Re: Mineral makeup?

• I LOVE Bare Escentuals.  A couple of my friends got me hooked on it.  I need good coverage and they have a concealer that I love.  I went to the BE in Kenwood Towne Center and they did my face for free and told me all the colors they used.  I normally buy mine at sephora.com.

HTH!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I second Bare Minerals. I bought a starter kit at Sephora that came with 3 brushes, 2 foundations, all over face color, finishing powder, and a tutorial dvd. I really like the brushes that came with the kit. As far as coverage, I feel like the powder does a great job and I never feel like I'm wearing makeup. I will never go back to liquid foundation, I just hate the heaviness of it!
  • I've used Bare Minerals and Everyday Minerals.  I think they are pretty similar in quality but Everyday Minerals is cheaper.  You can get samples for $2.50 to try it out first before you buy the regular size.  I also like their eye color and brushes. 
  • I use Tzone. Be careful with your selection, there are different grades of minerals so the less expensive ones are typically less in quality. I have been using Tzone mineral makeup & skin care for the past 4 years.... absolutely fantastic! And you can get lifetime monthly complimentary chemical peels! I just started to rep as well. If you want info check out www.tzoneskincare.com and email me [email protected]

• I use Bare Naturals (by loriel(sp?). It works well and is a little bit more addordable than the other brands.
  • I second Everyday Minerals.  I think it makes my skin very slightly more greasy than Bare Minerals, but it's so much cheaper.