Phoenix Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

***OLaurenO***

Hey there!  I had already signed off last night when you asked about dog parks in Chandler, sorry!

There are a few ok parks- Kyrene north of the 202, and Alma School south of Ocotillo are 2 I know of (I think there might be more).  BUT, the best park ever is in Gilbert, at Ray and the 202 (just east of Higley).  It's called Cosmo's Park, and it's amazing!  There are 3 seperate areas- 1 for small dogs (although my Doxie doesn't like it, he thinks he is a big dog), 1 "dry" park with obsticals, and 1 "wet" park with a huge pond, beach entry and diving platform.  The park is always busy, but people are really nice and respectful.  The dry and wet parks are huge- together they probably cover a football field, and there is shaded covering and picnic benches as well.  You definately have to check it out!

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ***OLaurenO***

• Wow that dog park sounds AMAZING! I still can't get over the fact that we both have Doxies and live in Chandler (well, soon for me anyway, I hope). How deep is the pond at the wet park? Dante likes water as long as it's not too cold or too deep. He tries to take baths with me lol. I looked at your bio and your doggies are adorable. I'm in love with your decorating too!
  • Awww, thank you!

The pond gets fairly deep, I've seen Labs jumping off the platform and swimming, but there's a nice gradual beach entry so he could go in as far as he feels comfortable.  My dogs don't really care for the water- Dakota will go in to about his knees, but Cash (the doxie) won't go anywhere near it.  I've heard that somewhere in the East Valley there is a big group of Doxie owners that get together once a month, but I can't find out where or when.  Have you heard of anything like this?

• Haven't heard of a doxie meetup but if there is one, I'm all over it! I'll be so happy if/when this house process is over and I can unwind and think about casual stuff again. Lol. Right now all I can do is work and worry. I'm really excited to check out that dog park too. What else can you tell me about Chandler? Shopping? Things to do? We didn't do much research past "This area looks nice and that house is affordable...let's do it."
  • I really like Chandler, if/when we move again we definately plan to stay in the area.  As for shopping, I usually go to the Chandler mall, and I love the new Santan outdoor mall in Gilbert.  Since you are buying a home you definately have to go to HomeGoods on Alma School and Ocotillo, it's great for decor.  What area of Chandler is the new house? 
  • I'm not sure...what areas of Chandler are there? I guess it's near the 202 but I don't know crossroads by heart.
  • There's a doxie group on MeetUp.Com for the Phx area.  I haven't been to one of the meetings, but I know they had one recently, or are having one soon.